Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Game Thread IV; let's stay in first!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voodoochile
    replied
    Okay this thread is right at 500 so I'm closing it. Nice 4-game sweep to end things. Someone start a postgame thread and we can start a new game thread on Tuesday.

"If you can't find a partner use a wooden chair... or a broom... a broom works well too..."

Leave a comment:

• HomeFish
    replied
    Why did RR put a guy OPSing 1.167 in the 9 hole? Another terrible lineup.

Leave a comment:

• A. Cavatica
    replied
    Maybe he has something to prove against PIT and we’ll get a few good innings out of him.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Real solid outing by McRae. His previous stats are bad, from Pittsburgh. Did the Sox rework him with a 4-seamer upstairs because he elevated well. Seemed to work the edges okay. Couldn't get the curve over but that 11 MPH difference between the fastball and curve should make him effective in mopup duty. Maybe he develops under Coop.

Leave a comment:

• vegandork
    replied
    Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
    Since that hit stands, EE now has nearly as many singles (7) as home runs (8).
    He's reverse Madrigal.

Leave a comment:

• A. Cavatica
    replied
    Yolmer walks. His OPS will be crazy in the SSS.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    McRae warming up.

Leave a comment:

• A. Cavatica
    replied
    Tigers push lead to 3 over Twins.

Leave a comment:

• HomeFish
    replied
    Since that hit stands, EE now has nearly as many singles (7) as home runs (8).

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by vegandork View Post

Rulebook says even on one swing it's an out. Really tough thing to see. It's only "in play" now because of the potential for replay. But Royals were out of challenges.
    After the 7th it would be up to the umpires anyway. You can still request they look right?

But then they'd have to decide if the bat hit the ball or the ball hit the bat because there are very different rules about that and intent plays a role in the second case and there's no way they could say that EE intended to hit the ball twice with a single swing.

Leave a comment:

• vegandork
    replied

It's an out if it is intentional. I doubt any instance of this in the last 100 years was intentional.
    Rulebook says even on one swing it's an out. Really tough thing to see. It's only "in play" now because of the potential for replay. But Royals were out of challenges.

Leave a comment:

• HomeFish
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Is that an out? I would think at worst a foul since the batter is in the batter's box, but the bat is fair. I don't even know what the rule is.
    It's an out if it is intentional. I doubt any instance of this in the last 100 years was intentional.

Leave a comment:

• A. Cavatica
    replied
    SIX RUN LEAD. Why is Foster warming up?

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied

Vlad Guerrero Jr did that earlier this season too I seem to recall. He wasn't called out either.
    Is that an out? I would think at worst a foul since the batter is in the batter's box, but the bat is fair. I don't even know what the rule is.

Leave a comment:

• vegandork
    replied
    Tiger's take lead over Twins heading into the 8th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X