No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 8/13/22 Timely Hits Tame Tigers SOX 6 DET 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giolito pitched well; they can move him in the offseason, but, please, not for chicken-feed. And they'll need another starter anyway.
    if they legitimately think that Lopez can start, then get him ready for that for next season. Otherwise, he's a really good reliever and considering the amount of $$ that the Sox throw into the pen, I'd be surprised if he moves.
    If this team can get to the playoffs (a big IF) they'll be more competitive in the playoffs than they were last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
      Giolito pitched well; they can move him in the offseason, but, please, not for chicken-feed. And they'll need another starter anyway.
      if they legitimately think that Lopez can start, then get him ready for that for next season. Otherwise, he's a really good reliever and considering the amount of $$ that the Sox throw into the pen, I'd be surprised if he moves.
      If this team can get to the playoffs (a big IF) they'll be more competitive in the playoffs than they were last year.
      Good point about the money the organization throws at relievers. They already have the most expensive bullpen in major league history (by a good margin, IIRC), they need home-grown guys like Lopez and Lambert.

However, I'm not sure what you've seen about this team thus far this year makes you think they'll be more competitive this year than last. On paper, maybe, but not based on what's been happening on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Good point about the money the organization throws at relievers. They already have the most expensive bullpen in major league history (by a good margin, IIRC), they need home-grown guys like Lopez and Lambert.

However, I'm not sure what you've seen about this team thus far this year makes you think they'll be more competitive this year than last. On paper, maybe, but not based on what's been happening on the field.
        The starting pitching has to be more competitive than last season (combined 10+ ERA), BUT TA will have to be healthy and productive (along with Eloy and Robert) for this team to be better.
        #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Giolito got off to rough start but settled down and pitched well. The misplay of a fly ball by Jimenez didn't help his cause. What looked like a catchable ball ended up a bases-clearing double for Greene. Lopez has been terrific in his role as a setup reliever. Let's not mess with something that's working. Kudos to Abreu for hustling. Would like some of the younger players on this team to take note and follow his lead. Would be nice to sweep Detroit as we await the Astros for a critical 4-game set.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

I think the pitching will be in better shape and not as worn out as it was last year.
            And the offense will be better than it has been the last couple of months (otherwise, they won't be in the playoffs).
            I just realized that Lopez is a FA after next season. Boy that Eaton bounty sure went fast.
            Last edited by Tragg; 08-14-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
              I think the pitching will be in better shape and not as worn out as it was last year.
              And the offense will be better than it has been the last couple of months (otherwise, they won't be in the playoffs).
              I just realized that Lopez is a FA after next season. Boy that Eaton bounty sure went fast.
              Fast? That trade was almost 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

Next year the Sox will have hendriks, graveman, Kelly, bummer and crochet for bullpen backend. The starting rotation is where there will be need particularly if they sell high on giolito.
                Sell high? Are you serious? One good start does not change the reality that he is having the second worst season of his career (currently at .1 WAR). He already turned down a 4 year/$50M extension and will be a FA after next season. Not sure what team will be offering a high return for that.

Comment

Originally posted by WSox2021 View Post

Sell high? Are you serious? One good start does not change the reality that he is having the second worst season of his career (currently at .1 WAR). He already turned down a 4 year/$50M extension and will be a FA after next season. Not sure what team will be offering a high return for that.
                  When will the Sox get more, in the off-season or at the trade deadline? That’s what I mean by selling high.

Comment

Working...
                  X