Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8/13/22 Timely Hits Tame Tigers SOX 6 DET 4 Postgamer

Can we get a series sweep tomorrow?

Another big crowd . another fun game . wonder if Lopez is a future closer.

Comment

Sox +250 to win division. I’m taking a flyer.

Comment

2 in a row… Break out the Champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
          The Sox bullpen is actually shaping up nicely with multiple late inning high leverage options.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
            Hendriks and graveman are both under contract for 2 more years but I would love to see Lopez get another shot starting next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
              Hendriks and graveman are both under contract for 2 more years but I would love to see Lopez get another shot starting next year.
              Absolutely not! The man has found his role as the Swiss Army knife of relievers, and he excels in that role.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

Absolutely not! The man has found his role as the Swiss Army knife of relievers, and he excels in that role.
                Next year the Sox will have hendriks, graveman, Kelly, bummer and crochet for bullpen backend. The starting rotation is where there will be need particularly if they sell high on giolito.

Comment

Jose's hustle tagging and getting to second after he looked to tweak his hammy was awesome. As was Baez complaining instead of keeping the glove on Abreu.

Comment

Next year the Sox will have hendriks, graveman, Kelly, bummer and crochet for bullpen backend. The starting rotation is where there will be need particularly if they sell high on giolito.
                    As they always say, “you can never have enough pitching,” but the Sox pitching has been mostly fine this year. Giolito hasn’t been great but he’s been adequate. Every bullpen has pitchers who occasionally get shelled. I think they want to Crochet to work on building up to be a starter, so that may involve some time at Charlotte. In any case, they could re-sign Cueto and return essentially the same rotation and bullpen next year.

Fix RF (Colas?) and 2B (trade for Ryan McMahon?) with players who can play solid defense and hit well left handed, and we should be good.
                    Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 08-14-2022, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

As they always say, “you can never have enough pitching.” The Sox pitching has been mostly fine this year. Giolito hasn’t been great but he’s been adequate. Every bullpen has pitchers who occasionally get shelled. I think they want to Crochet to work on building up to be a starter, so that may involve some time at Charlotte. In any case, they could re-sign Cueto and return essentially the same rotation and bullpen next year.

I believe the Sox should either extend giolito or trade him. I don’t want the Sox to run into a situation next year like this year when they wouldn’t be able to trade him at the deadline. Regarding crochet, I think they will do the same as they did to Kopech. If it worked once, why not again? Cueto has been a great story this year but I wouldn’t count on his Houdini act next year.

Comment

Lopez as a reliever has been really good. Lopez as a starter was extremely inconsistent, often bad. He’s a 2-pitch pitcher whose stuff plays up in short outings, which is why he is so much more effective in relief. And judging by the fact that the team hasn’t even considered him for spot starts all year, it seems clear they have no plans to move him back to the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Lopez as a reliever has been really good. Lopez as a starter was extremely inconsistent, often bad. He’s a 2-pitch pitcher whose stuff plays up in short outings, which is why he is so much more effective in relief. And judging by the fact that the team hasn’t even considered him for spot starts all year, it seems clear they have no plans to move him back to the rotation.
                          Now is not the time to start messing with him about starting , the off season would be the time.

Comment

I believe the Sox should either extend giolito or trade him. I don’t want the Sox to run into a situation next year like this year when they wouldn’t be able to trade him at the deadline. Regarding crochet, I think they will do the same as they did to Kopech. If it worked once, why not again? Cueto has been a great story this year but I wouldn’t count on his Houdini act next year.
                            The big difference between Kopech and Crochet is that Crochet hasn’t started consistently since high school. He had 13 starts in college, spread over 3 years, but he was mostly a reliever. If the Sox do try to move him to the rotation, they’d be lucky to get 75 innings out of him, especially coming off surgery, so they better have a pretty solid plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

The big difference between Kopech and Crochet is that Crochet hasn’t started consistently since high school. He had 13 starts in college, spread over 3 years, but he was mostly a reliever. If the Sox do try to move him to the rotation, they’d be lucky to get 75 innings out of him, especially coming off surgery, so they better have a pretty solid plan B.
                              I meant that crochet is in relief next year with the Sox as kopech was last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X