• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/12 Killing the Kitties on Kaskade Concert Night

Not the prettiest win, but it's a win.

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    Not the prettiest win, but it's a win.
    Amen…Let’s try to skin another cat tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone stay for the Kaskade concert? Curious how that went over...

Comment

It was okay. The sound quality was not great but good enough. Wish they set it up differently, if you were down the OF lines you had no site line at all.

Comment

I guess that I should look up "Kaskade" at some point.

At least the Sox won.
          Last edited by davenicholson; 08-13-2022, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davenicholson View Post

At least the Sox won.
            I had to look him up too. Prior to the event ads, I had never heard of him.

Glad the Sox won the game, although it was unfortunate Kopech was pulled with a no hitter in progress.

Comment

Ah, so that's it . wondering why there was such a big crowd . enjoyed the game, and now that i don't expect them to be a playoff team, the anger and resentment are gone, and i'm enjoying it more . it's baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                Ah, so that's it . wondering why there was such a big crowd . enjoyed the game, and now that i don't expect them to be a playoff team, the anger and resentment are gone, and i'm enjoying it more . it's baseball.
                At this point it’s time. Not going to have high expectations, just watch the game as if it were me filling out a scorecard with an old #2 stubby at any ballgame. No sense in accelerating the March toward the inevitable with extra angst and histrionic outbursts.

Go Sox!! I’m going to get a cold beer and enjoy my Sacred Saturday.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post

I had to look him up too. Prior to the event ads, I had never heard of him.

Glad the Sox won the game, although it was unfortunate Kopech was pulled with a no hitter in progress.
                  To me it’s the new no hitter. If 6 innings seems to be the max and he attained it, so be it. No amount of stink eye towards the dugout can keep them in the game these days to persevere towards the prize.

BK59

Comment

Went down to the game last night, but didn't stay for the Kaskade concert. Kopech was outstanding with 11 Ks and a no-no through six innings. But with 85 pitches under his belt you knew La Russa was going to pull him. The approach to today's game is vastly different than years ago. Going back in time there would be no way Kopech would be removed that early. It would be his game to win. And of course he would get a fair shot at going the distance and throwing a no hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by davenicholson View Post

At least the Sox won.
                      On the plus side, he is a Sox fan. He grew up in Northbrook. The EDM music probably is not your style of DJ. Nice guy though.

Comment

We are back from our Caribbean cruise and nothing has changed with the Sox, losing 3 of 4 to KC had me contemplating jumping off the promenade deck into the ocean. So here they are playing the dregs of MLB and they are 9-8 in the 19 game stretch where they were going to really pick up ground and be in first place by Sunday, not going to happen as they are 3.5 out and need to win the next two just to make this stretch respectable at 11-8 but guess what I predicted for this bunch, yep 11-8.
                        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-13-2022, 10:52 AM.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
                          Went down to the game last night, but didn't stay for the Kaskade concert. Kopech was outstanding with 11 Ks and a no-no through six innings. But with 85 pitches under his belt you knew La Russa was going to pull him. The approach to today's game is vastly different than years ago. Going back in time there would be no way Kopech would be removed that early. It would be his game to win. And of course he would get a fair shot at going the distance and throwing a no hitter.
                          Kopech is a unique situation also. He missed all of 2019 and 20 due to surgery and opting out. He only threw 69 innings last year. He's at 104 so far this year - by far the most he's ever thrown in the majors. He did throw a total of 134 in 2017 and 140 in 2018 (and got hurt though I think that was more about the specific game circumstances than overall wear and tear), but he's still building strength. If this happens next year he gets more innings.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                            We are back from our Caribbean cruise and nothing has changed with the Sox, losing 3 of 4 to KC had me contemplating jumping off the promenade deck into the ocean. So here they are playing the dregs of MLB and they are 9-8 in the 19 game stretch where they were going to really pick up ground and be in first place by Sunday, not going to happen as they are 3.5 out and need to win the next two just to make this stretch respectable at 11-8 but guess what I predicted for this bunch, yep 11-8.
                            I know they make you want to take that swan dive, but the man overboard drill without those recovery helo’s would have made you an appetizer for some of those denizens of the deep. (I speak with some modicum of experience in this matter)

I know they drive us nuts. Grab a cold one and treat it like you’re Grandpappy amused at the Pony League production of play smacking gnats behind the backstop. I hear this helps.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                            X