Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/4 Johnny B. Unsupported Postgamer

Johnny's probably thinking, "I revived my career for this?"

White sox doing white sox things. This is what a 500 team looks like. Unprepared game one again and providing a dog **** effort

Comment

These guys just keep making things hard on themselves, I guess they just can't get on a hot sizzling streak, 2 wins in a row seems to be their ceiling. Blew a big chance last night to move closer to the Twins as both Minny and the Guards lost.
      Poor Cueto, if I were him I'd sue his teammates for non-support.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

So much for the "it's the injuries" excuse. Rangers have the second worst home record at home in MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          These guys just keep making things hard on themselves, I guess they just can't get on a hot sizzling streak, 2 wins in a row seems to be their ceiling. Blew a big chance last night to move closer to the Twins as both Minny and the Guards lost.
          Poor Cueto, if I were him I'd sue his teammates for non-support.
          Nah Nell, let’s keep the sharks kickback outta dis one. Johnny needs to start kneecapping deez guyze.

Pathetic on parade again. These guy must love being in a rental boat where they have to keep bailing the water to catch that prize Muskie. They got handed a gift, dropped the box and stepped on it.

BK59

PS.
          Oh, and that first start Rookie thing bit them in the ass again. In****ingcredible.
          Last edited by BigKlu59; 08-05-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Another pathetic offensive showing, but this time against a string of LHP instead of the usual RHP issues. I don't think they had a single extra-base hit, and this the day after their only extra-base hit was the difference in the game. BALL IN AIR, fellas.

The other obvious problem was Vaughn costing more runs with his bad defense. Hopefully starting tomorrow Robert will be in CF nearly every day, Vaughn can get most of the time at DH, and we can cut down on this nonsense. We're still going to have to see Sheets from time to time though - this issue isn't going away completely.

On the bright side, Cueto was solid again, and Robert had a couple excellent plate appearances where he got behind in the count and battled back to work a walk. He should have had a 3rd walk later in the game but the ump blew the call. Then unfortunately he started flailing away in his last AB to end the game, but I think that was more situational that he was trying to tie the game with one swing.

Comment

I didn’t like the call to let Cueto finish the game. Needed a strikeout and should have went to one of our power arms in the pen. Vaughn needs to be at first with Jose DH.

I think overall we are a really mentally weak team. You see it in the lack of clutch hitting, lack of effort, no one being comfortable carrying the team for an extended stretch. This is a team that just doesn’t know how to win or what it takes. There’s no passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                I didn’t like the call to let Cueto finish the game. Needed a strikeout and should have went to one of our power arms in the pen. Vaughn needs to be at first with Jose DH.
                Yup and yup. Grandal only plays when he catches.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                  Yup and yup. Grandal only plays when he catches.
                  An argument can be made that Grandal's 2022 season has been worse than Adam Dunn's 2011 season.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

An argument can be made that Grandal's 2022 season has been worse than Adam Dunn's 2011 season.
                    And there is another year ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

And there is another year ahead
                      Looking forward to it. Got the cellar stocked with Strohs,PBR and Hamms to get me thru. And don’t forget the popcorn and peanuts.

BK59

Comment

This team needs some hard "soul searching" and leadership. The wRC+ for Garcia is 43, Grandal is 55, and Moncada is 69. This is horrible. Why are these guys on the roster? Okay, I know why but Hahn/Williams really have to address the poor performers in the off-season. Team leadership is another problem. TLR is not an inspiration or leader even when he's not asleep. Our only hope is Tony calls it quits after the season. This was going to be the year for us but ..... I'm so depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          This team needs some hard "soul searching" and leadership. The wRC+ for Garcia is 43, Grandal is 55, and Moncada is 69. This is horrible. Why are these guys on the roster? Okay, I know why but Hahn/Williams really have to address the poor performers in the off-season. Team leadership is another problem. TLR is not an inspiration or leader even when he's not asleep. Our only hope is Tony calls it quits after the season. This was going to be the year for us but ..... I'm so depressed.
                          All the grumpy stuff coming from the pie holes of we faithful stems from the fact of the PT Barnum crap we were sold about this being “The Year”. If this were any other Sox team 3 games out at this time playing .500 ball we would all be Go Go Going out of our minds and crushing on them like a schoolgirl.

Who knows, these guys have one good month, we can buy a new ball cap, pennant and cry in our beer in the playoffs.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post

I think overall we are a really mentally weak team. You see it in the lack of clutch hitting, lack of effort, no one being comfortable carrying the team for an extended stretch. This is a team that just doesn’t know how to win or what it takes. There’s no passion.
                            Lack of clutch hitting led to the Sox stranding 23 runners last night, Mighty Moncada stranded 6.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Lack of clutch hitting led to the Sox stranding 23 runners last night, Mighty Moncada stranded 6.
                              They actually only stranded 9 overall. If you add up all the players not driven in on each at bat you get your number.

Moncada also drove in one of two rums last night and was the only guy todo it with 2 outs.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X