*Official* 8/2 There's the Offense Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/2 There's the Offense Postgamer

Nice to get back on track. Can we play like this for two more months?

The wheel spinning from the Twinkies, Guardians, and us continues. Just take control already guys geez! Gotta get 2 games over tomorrow and go from there. A loss tonight coupled with the disaster of a trade deadline would have felt like the end. Instead we roll on to who knows where.

Comment

Finally got to see the South Side Hitmen offense that I expected to see all year, along with a chorus of Na Na Hey Hey. From our seats it looked like the official scorer was rather generous to Tim Anderson, but I'll have to look at the plays on the DVR tomorrow. All's well that ends well. I hope the boys can keep things rolling tomorrow before the rain hits.

Comment

Royals gave us that one early. A Vaughn single turns into a triple on a bad dive and we gained an extra run or 2 out of it. 3 Anderson defensive gaffs and some terrible half assed base running and none of it bit us. I wish we hit some home runs to give us a lead once and not just in garbage time but it’s a good first start. I don’t think this is a playoff team still, you can’t make this many mistakes against anything other than a bottom feeder who saw their leader dealt today, but a win is a win is a win.

Comment

Always nice to get a win and as I said in the other thread, everything that went wrong last night went right today. Let's keep this lineup for a while please. I realize Grandal probably won't catch tomorrow, but he shouldn't DH at the expense of Eloy or even Sheets and Harrison NEEDS to be the 2B every single game he can.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

After the past week or two where every win is a nail-biter, it's nice to have a nice comfortable win, especially to wash the stank of the trade deadline failure away.

If we're going to be getting the 2020 version of Eloy from here on out, it changes the future outlook dramatically, not just this year but going forward as well. He could be the best hitter on this team. You can tell he still isn't 100% healthy the way he's running, but he's hitting the ball with authority for really the first time since the shoulder injury last year. Keep it up, big guy.

Comment

I've decided to start the season over from right here . win every, or at least most, series . If that happens, then we win the division . I think that we can quite possibly beat the Blue Jays, Rays, or Mariners . after that it doesn't look so good . unless .. unless they happen to get hot at the right time, and then you just never know.

Comment

Eloy is really coming on - best he has looked since 2020.

I'm sorry but any delusions that TA is some kind of leader on this team are crumbling- he has been playing at a pathetic level since early June- 3rd highest errors in MLB among shortstops, regular baserunning gaffes and other defensive miscues that don't show up in the box score, .681 OPS over the last 30 days (behind Moncada and Harrison)- one of the many disappointments on this team for 2022.
                #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Game summary for me:

- key hitting
                  - Eloy was outstanding
                  - Gio did his job
                  - Diekman debut was encouraging
                  - Anderson was not good in the field and dumb baserunning
                  - Hard lumber by Abreu and Sheets
                  - Vaughn a triple! Are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                    Eloy is really coming on - best he has looked since 2020.

I'm sorry but any delusions that TA is some kind of leader on this team are crumbling- he has been playing at a pathetic level since early June- 3rd highest errors in MLB among shortstops, regular baserunning gaffes and other defensive miscues that don't show up in the box score, .681 OPS over the last 30 days (behind Moncada and Harrison)- one of the many disappointments on this team for 2022.
                    Sounds like something mental is bothering him. Problems at home? He was the ASG starter so lets not get overcome with negativity. Some people view what TA brings as leadership, some view it as hotdogging. Me? I ain't saying.
                    If it's up put it down. If it's down put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

Sounds like something mental is bothering him. Problems at home? He was the ASG starter so lets not get overcome with negativity. Some people view what TA brings as leadership, some view it as hotdogging. Me? I ain't saying.
                      TA is quickly becoming my least favorite Sox player after Moncada.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                      X