Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips and answers to asked questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips and answers to asked questions

    This thread is for quick reference to questions people are asking so they don't have to scan the whole questions thread. As questions are answered replies will be copied to this thread which will remain locked to make finding answers easy.

    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    Is it possible to quote multiple posts in a posting like at the old WSI? I did not see a button for that.
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

    I will look into it.
    Okay this is how to do that.

    Click on the quote button at the bottom of each post you want to quote then click on the "post reply" button at the top right or bottom left of the thread you are replying in. That will add all the quotes to the reply box and you can reply from there. For now I've set the limit to 5 posts quoted. I'm not sure this works for posts you want to quote on separate pages of the thread.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...




  • #2
    If you click n the arrow beside your name you will see an option to go to your profile. From there you can edit your signature and email notifications among other things including your timezone preference. Font sizes and other options can be controlled when making a post. There is even a dictionary option available now.

    If you have questions post them in this thread. That way everyone can benefit from the answers.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



    Comment


    • #3
      Whoops accidentally deleted the whole thread not just a single post. Please continue to post questions and suggestions here
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



      Comment


      • #4
        How to put an image in your signature:
        1. Under your profile upload the picture to your media section.
        2. Then right click to get the URL and use the img tags in the signature box to add the image to your signature.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
          How to put an image in your signature:
          1. Under your profile upload the picture to your media section.
          2. Then right click to get the URL and use the img tags in the signature box to add the image to your signature.
          For some reason I can't figure this out, I was able to upload and save my image but keeps showing up as a post in albums. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. Not a big deal, feel kind of dumb.

          Comment


          • #6
            once you have the URL for your sig image, input the following code [img ]URL[ /img] (without the extra spaces.

            It should appear.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              once you have the URL for your sig image, input the following code [img ]URL[ /img] (without the extra spaces.

              It should appear.
              Got it, thanks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Can we get the [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] or embed vid code here? The vid embed tool is just a link for me on a YouTube vid. Nice feature to be able to embed. Can I ask if that affects the server side at all?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
                  Can we get the [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] or embed vid code here? The vid embed tool is just a link for me on a YouTube vid. Nice feature to be able to embed. Can I ask if that affects the server side at all?
                  I don't know. I will look into it. It was a late addition and I'm not sure if it was a West hack.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                      I don't know. I will look into it. It was a late addition and I'm not sure if it was a West hack.
                      Cool

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Apparently the "insert video" code works as a substitute for that. It supports Youtube and other forumats.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Got it, had to use the full form url and I was using the tiny link.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I went to Edit Settings under my profile page, but I didn’t see where I could add a signature.
                            (Formerly asindc.)

                            "I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

                            "We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post
                              I went to Edit Settings under my profile page, but I didn’t see where I could add a signature.
                              After you're in Edit Settings go to "Account" bar and look for the signature info in red. Took me what seemed like several hours to figure it out>

                              2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                              Posts on old WSI: 7344

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X