*Official* 8/1 Where's the Offense? Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/1 Where's the Offense? Postgamer

Fire the entire hitting staff into the sun. How do you let the Royals beat you like that?

Putrid

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      Fire the entire hitting staff into the sun. How do you let the Royals beat you like that?
      Especially with a left-handed pitcher who BAA against righties was .283. Only one XBH, and 0-5 w/RISP. 9 left on against the second-worst team in the AL.

Clutch hitting has eluded this team all season. Fourth in BA in MLB, yet 18th in runs scored.

Kopech's first start in over 2 months where he goes 7, and he gets no support.

Not good considering that our two struggling starters are due to pitch tomorrow and Wednesday.
      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Unless Hahn adds some offense this season is toast. The Sox have been incapable all year of separating themselves from team's during the game with offense. When we win it usually takes all of our pen to get us across the finish line. Don't know if it's realistic to think it changes now....is what it is at this point. A .500 team. Plus Twins and Guardians have comeback wins. Horrible night.

Comment

This team loves .500

Comment

We are just a 500 team. Guys aren’t what we hoped. Moncada isn’t the future Cano people thought, Grandal and Lynn are toast, Eloy isn’t going to be a superstar, Robert on another season he couldn’t stay on the field and Anderson is regressing. Mix in some more injuries and Giolitos complete loss of velocity and we’re probably lucky to be .500. Until Eloy Robert and Moncada really start to lead the charge offensively, we are ****ed. This team as others have said isn’t built to score runs unless we are pounding extra base hits and these guys aren’t doing that at any kind of dangerous clip.

Comment

Oooops they did it again….. Only thing worth a fist pump was watching the Vinny twist.

BK59

Comment

Man that was ugly. More so when the Twinkies walked off the Tigers with a 2-run bomb in the bottom of the 9th to win by 2 after leading by 1 to start the half inning. Even an optimist like me can't find anything to be happy about on a day like this...
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                  Man that was ugly. More so when the Twinkies walked off the Tigers with a 2-run bomb in the bottom of the 9th to win by 2 after leading by 1 to start the half inning. Even an optimist like me can't find anything to be happy about on a day like this...
                  That says a lot coming from you Voodoo. I gotta couple of spare Tylenol and Tums for ya. The breakfast of Sox fans.

BK59

Comment

One lousy run against the Royals, just pathetic. They better come back and win the next two.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-02-2022, 05:07 AM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

I thought Grandal would provide a needed boost to the lineup when he returned, but he looks overmatched against pretty much everyone. Even when he gets a hit, it seems like a 12 hopper through the infield - not much hard contact. If Grandal and Moncada continue to hover at or below the Mendoza line with little power, it will be tough to put together the run we need.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Working...
                      X