Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/29 Back Under .500 Postgamer

I hate this team so much.

Old and tired team, in the 3rd season post rebuild. What a flop. (And more young for old trades are only going to make it worse).

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      I hate this team so much.
      They do wanna make you want to bury your boondocker up their puffy posteriors.

Comment

Lance Lynn is the new Dallas Keuchel. The sad thing is when we miss the (expanded) playoffs, no one will be fired

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
          The sad thing is when we miss the (expanded) playoffs, no one will be fired
          They'll just keep singing Kumbaya and doing trust falls with each other for the rest of the season, all offseason and all of next season.

Comment

Getting curb-stomped by the team with the worst record in the AL doesn't make for "required watching". They're hard to watch, and hard to like.

I wish somebody could figure out what's wrong with Giolito and Lynn.

Watching the Sox gives you the impression that nobody on the team even gives a **** about winning.

Comment

The A's are hot as they just swept the Astros and will probably sweep us,
              if that happens then it's time to admit that these guys just aren't that good and start a re-tool. Right now there aren't too many untouchables on the team but you have to keep Cease, Vaughn, Kopech and Robert, I would also keep Abreu to DH and have Vaughn play first base where he belongs. TA should bring a good haul from some team, Gio will also bring us some decent players and I think we could get something of value for Eloy. Moncada will not bring much but I'm sick of him in a White Sox uniform. Oh, did I mention that TLR has to go and I'm still praying that JR sells to an owner like the guy that owns the Tampa Bay Lightning.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-30-2022, 07:24 AM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Another **** show of a performance. This Sox team doesn't win very often at home. For this season they are now 12-21 in the opening game of a series. Now it's on Cueto and Cease to win the next two and salvage the series. The A's team batting average coming into the game was .214 - an historically low mark. But they managed to knock the ball around pretty good off Lynn.

As far as Anderson goes, I get that he contested a close call for strike three. And I didn't mind that he argued and got tossed. What is stupid and inexcusable is making contact with the ump. That's the sign of a selfish player who is now going to be suspended. Maybe it's time to move him while he's under a relatively friendly contract. I'm growing tired of his antics and his sloppy approach to defense. Sure, he'll turn a fantastic play with the glove. But an inning later he'll boot a routine grounder or sidearm the ball to first and airmail it.

I have to agree that this team is very hard to watch - and at this point very hard to like.

Comment

I saw a stat last night that the opposing team has hit around 20 more HRs at Guaranteed Rate than the Sox this season and over the last 8 weeks Harrison is second on the team in HRs with 5, one behind Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
                    Another s%9# show of a performance. This Sox team doesn't win very often at home. For this season they are now 12-21 in the opening game of a series. Now it's on Cueto and Cease to win the next two and salvage the series. The A's team batting average coming into the game was .214 - an historically low mark. But they managed to knock the ball around pretty good off Lynn.

As far as Anderson goes, I get that he contested a close call for strike three. And I didn't mind that he argued and got tossed. What is stupid and inexcusable is making contact with the ump. That's the sign of a selfish player who is now going to be suspended. Maybe it's time to move him while he's under a relatively friendly contract. I'm growing tired of his antics and his sloppy approach to defense. Sure, he'll turn a fantastic play with the glove. But an inning later he'll boot a routine grounder or sidearm the ball to first and airmail it.

I have to agree that this team is very hard to watch - and at this point very hard to like.
                    At this point they are past blaming everything else for their inadequacy to compete. Your stat above concerning competition in their own play box is a reflection of a troubled team, our Team leader’s antics included. I’ve watched .500 Sox teams in the past with a whole lot less talent on paper, but these guys can’t get out of their own way and look like goofs in the process.

That’s the maddening thing in all of this.

I’ve never hated a Sox team,but as you say, they aren’t enamoring themselves to the fan base at this point. Count me in as one whose gone through the 5 steps of grieving and have reached acceptance that they are what we see and not what we’ve been hyped to believe.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                      They'll just keep singing Kumbaya and doing trust falls with each other for the rest of the season, all offseason and all of next season.
                      I don’t think they will do anything physical in fear of getting injured. Even the singing might hurt their precious gullet and pie holes.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                        I saw a stat last night that the opposing team has hit around 20 more HRs at Guaranteed Rate than the Sox this season and over the last 8 weeks Harrison is second on the team in HRs with 5, one behind Robert.
                        This is the definition of sad sack to the point of nausea.

Comment

This is the end of the road for this rebuild, where the pavement turns to sand...we're never going anywhere until JR sells this team- 41 years of ownership with one World Series championship- the entire culture is off from top to bottom- from Kenny Williams down to the minor league system.

We're now 89-87 since mid-2021, we're 7th in the AL in team OPS, we're 10th in team ERA, 15th/last in team fielding...we are the poster child for mediocrity.

Our farm system is ranked last or close to last in MLB (following the recent draft) and we're one of the worst baserunning teams in MLB and we're now consistently called out for our consistent lack of hustle/intensity- with our veterans being some of the worst offenders.

We'll head in to 2023 with more dollars sunk with aging/declining veterans like Lynn and Grandal and $10M left on the mysterious long term deal for a 31 yo utility infielder and very little help available from our mediocre farm system- with the pitching outlook especially barren.

We should win the "tenure" championship with guys like Williams, Hahn, McEwing, Boston with seemingly life time contracts despite almost no real success in their track records (other than World Series championship 17 years ago).

Last time a White Sox team was this level of disappointing and unlikeable? Maybe the 1995-1996 White Sox under Lemont/Bevington?
                          #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                            Two years ago, this team hit 96 home runs in only 60 games. Last year, they launched 190. This year, they are on pace to fall short of 140. This lack of power, more than anything, is why the team is struggling to stay above .500.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

Two years ago, this team hit 96 home runs in only 60 games. Last year, they launched 190. This year, they are on pace to fall short of 140. This lack of power, more than anything, is why the team is struggling to stay above .500.
                              In a homer friendly HOME ballpark. When did their arms turn into strips of floppy uncooked bacon?

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X