*Official* 7/27 Digging Our Own Grave-man Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/27 Digging Our Own Grave-man Postgamer

We beat ourselves. No other way to say it. Handed this game on a silver platter.

There have been many times I have given up on this season. This is another one where I'm tempted to. They simply cannot get comfortably above .500. Giolito gutted it out, I'll give him that. But you have to win. And the worst part is Colorado didn't even have to work for it at the end. Just gave it away. And now Kelly hurt again. What a cycle. The only saving grace is Minnesota losing but being 3 games back still sucks bad. This was a chance to actually move the needle and the moment became too big. Again.

Comment

Why was Graveman out there to begin with? Where was Hendriks?
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Most frustrating loss of the season for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          I saw something earlier that he was struggling with altitude last night...don't know if that had any effect on today. But this was huge gut punch. Huge.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

I saw something earlier that he was struggling with altitude last night...don't know if that had any effect on today. But this was huge gut punch. Huge.
            Apparently unavailable after throwing 27 pitches last night.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

Looks like they forgot those O2 tanks. Next time in town sign a few Sherpa’s to do the heavy lifting.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Apparently unavailable after throwing 27 pitches last night.
                This has to be the most fragile team in the history of the game, could you see Goose Gossage who threw as hard as anyone begging out on a save. Hendriks has thrown a total of 33 innings this year, that's a little over 8 innings a month and he's tired.
                If it was an altitude problem, then we'll cut him some slack.

Comment

This has to be the most fragile team in the history of the game, could you see Goose Gossage who threw as hard as anyone begging out on a save. Hendriks has thrown a total of 33 innings this year, that's a little over 8 innings a month and he's tired.
                  That's baseball today. Remember when the starting lineup would play both games of the regular Sunday double headers and still play on Monday? They're completely terrified of over-stressing these highly-paid players, yet injuries are commonplace all across baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

That's baseball today. Remember when the starting lineup would play both games of the regular Sunday double headers and still play on Monday? They're completely terrified of over-stressing these highly-paid players, yet injuries are commonplace all across baseball.
                    No arguement from me.

Comment

According to an Athletic article from around the All Star game, Liam has a partially torn UCL. I'm guessing he goes for surgery in the off season and next year might be wiped out. He probably opted to keep throwing knowing it could go, but you may have noticed he is not using his really hard stuff recently. I'm guessing that's why, but I am not a doctor and I have never even portrayed one ever...
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I do agree about Graveman. Is Lopez hurt? He's closed before during this season. My first thought was let Lambert finish. Graveman has not been strong in back to back appearances this season.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

According to an Athletic article from around the All Star game, Liam has a partially torn UCL. I'm guessing he goes for surgery in the off season and next year might be wiped out. He probably opted to keep throwing knowing it could go, but you may have noticed he is not using his really hard stuff recently. I'm guessing that's why, but I am not a doctor and I have never even portrayed one ever...
                          Without him at his best the rest of the way it's going be tough to win the division or a WC spot.

Comment

We did everything we could to lose this game, and finally found a way to do it. Leury getting picked off third and TA missing the bag on a double play were just ridiculous. Seems like TA gets possessed by the ghost of Alexei Ramirez every so often, because he thinks he's talented enough not to have to play fundamentally sound baseball.

Colorado was eventually going to stop leaving men on, and you can't give even bad teams 3 walks to start an inning and not have them score.

Felt we needed to go about 13-6 or better in this stretch to put pressure on Minnesota. Hopefully they burn the tape of this game before they leave Denver.
                            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              I do agree about Graveman. Is Lopez hurt? He's closed before during this season. My first thought was let Lambert finish. Graveman has not been strong in back to back appearances this season.
                              Mentioned during the game that Reynaldo has back issues. I also agree that bringing Lambert out for the ninth would have been better than what eventually transpired (the 3-batter minimum really bit us in the butt today, because Graveman walked all 3 of them).
                              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X