Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sox Have a Grand Old Time Blow Out Twinkies 12-2 Post Gamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sox Have a Grand Old Time Blow Out Twinkies 12-2 Post Gamer

    Well that was fun. Do it again tomorrow. No mercy. Time to start walking the walk.

    LouBob is good.

    Cueto is a Man!

    Sox just kept pouring it on.


    "Don't stop now Boyz!"







    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...




  • #2
    I second that motion and move that we all

    Games like this against these bums are sweeter than a shoofly pie. These bums have been a pain in my shorts since 1965.

    BK59

    Comment


    • #3
      To quote Hawk, that ball was killt. Turning point of the game, because if we leave the bases loaded at that point, it becomes an all-too familiar trip to Minnesota, and we find a way to lose.

      What else can you say about the job Cueto has done, especially over the last month? Beginning with the start against Texas on June 12, he is 4-1 (Sox are 5-3 in those games), 45 IP, 39 H, 12 ER, 12 BB, 34 K, 1.13 WHIP, 2.40 ERA for a guy that was just looking for work at the beginning of the season. The numbers aren't going to get you looked at for a Cy Young, but as essentially the #5 starter, you can't ask for much else.
      I want my $2

      I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

      If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

      Comment


      • #4
        That last out added a little sauce.

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            Noticing a different vibe with this team ever since Bieber shut them down. Let's hope they actually stick with their winning ways this time and have a nice series to kickstart a hot second half.

            Comment


            • #7

              That throw out was a huge momentum flipper.

              Comment


              • #8
                It was fun to watch. And good to see the bats come alive. It's always fun to beat MN, especially when they're in the lead in the division.

                Keep it going now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Had a bad headache last night and went to bed early and the Sox were ahead 2-1, what a great surprise as the Sox came up with 10 more runs for a 12-2 victory. This could be the big spurt where we run off a bunch of wins in a row, fingers are crossed.
                  I might be wrong but Cueto hasnt had a bad outing yet with us, what a great signing.
                  Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-15-2022, 04:01 AM.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you go back and watch the Robert GS you can hear Gray drop an F-Bomb as soon as he released the ball and before Robert made contact.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fantastic way to start the most important series of the season to date. Get the good vibes going in the clubhouse, and know that this Twins team is very beatable. Hopefully Kopech can bounce back from a couple rough outings tonight, and the Sox can put some runs up against the soft-tossing LHP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MrX View Post
                        If you go back and watch the Robert GS you can hear Gray drop an F-Bomb as soon as he released the ball and before Robert made contact.
                        Just re-watched - good call, it sounded like it was before the ball even left his hand. Robert still hasn't fixed his plate discipline issues, but if you hang a slider to him he'll hit it a mile.

                        Per @JayCuda, Robert is the second player in MLB history with 25 steals, 35 HRs, 40 doubles, and 125 RBIs in his first 200 career games (the first was Nomar Garciapara).

                        https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1...zkbUwjG42dSWYA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                          To quote Hawk, that ball was killt. Turning point of the game, because if we leave the bases loaded at that point, it becomes an all-too familiar trip to Minnesota, and we find a way to lose.

                          What else can you say about the job Cueto has done, especially over the last month? Beginning with the start against Texas on June 12, he is 4-1 (Sox are 5-3 in those games), 45 IP, 39 H, 12 ER, 12 BB, 34 K, 1.13 WHIP, 2.40 ERA for a guy that was just looking for work at the beginning of the season. The numbers aren't going to get you looked at for a Cy Young, but as essentially the #5 starter, you can't ask for much else.
                          Cueto was living on the edge all game - he gave up 9 baserunners in the first 5 innings before striking out the side in the 6th. But he's never phased by the situation, and he never has the Dylan Cease problem where his mechanics get out of whack for a few batters at a time. He always seems to be in control, and seems like he can always pull out a trick for every situation. Stone had a nice observation that when Cueto gets behind in a fastball count, he'll throw a fastball over the plate but cut it just enough so that the batter will foul it off, evening up the count. Then there's all the tricks he uses to mess up the hitter's timing. He's just a master craftsman out on the mound, reminds me of Mark Buehrle.

                          Cueto has had a quality start 9 out of the 11 times he's pitched. Next most on the team is Giolito, with 7 in 16 starts. The team's "ace", Cease, has 6 in 18 starts. I know he was signed to be the #5, but if the playoffs started today Cueto would probably be the #3 behind Cease and Giolito.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

                            Cueto was living on the edge all game - he gave up 9 baserunners in the first 5 innings before striking out the side in the 6th. But he's never phased by the situation, and he never has the Dylan Cease problem where his mechanics get out of whack for a few batters at a time. He always seems to be in control, and seems like he can always pull out a trick for every situation. Stone had a nice observation that when Cueto gets behind in a fastball count, he'll throw a fastball over the plate but cut it just enough so that the batter will foul it off, evening up the count. Then there's all the tricks he uses to mess up the hitter's timing. He's just a master craftsman out on the mound, reminds me of Mark Buehrle.

                            Cueto has had a quality start 9 out of the 11 times he's pitched. Next most on the team is Giolito, with 7 in 16 starts. The team's "ace", Cease, has 6 in 18 starts. I know he was signed to be the #5, but if the playoffs started today Cueto would probably be the #3 behind Cease and Giolito.
                            I love it when Cueto quick pitches the batter. Last night one of the Twinkies hitters took strike one, half stepped out, stepped back in quickly when he looked up Cueto was halfway through his windup and here comes the pitch.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Len Kasper's call of the slam was very strange. Had me confused for a second as to whether or not it was the Sox or Twins who hit it. Nice win, let's get a few more.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X