Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clubhouse discord

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clubhouse discord

    https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...IOUU92dig&s=19
    This certainly would explain a lot.

  • #2
    That Anderson all star announcement may have said a lot. Where there is smoke there usually is fire.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nightengale as the source. Pfffffft.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jerry/Kenny deflecting blame from LaRussa/Hahn. Cheap and sad.

        Comment


        • #5
          If clubhouse discord was the cause of poor play, Oakland would never have won three World Series in a row. Nightengale stirring the pot, but ultimately, a non-story.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
            Jerry/Kenny deflecting blame from LaRussa/Hahn. Cheap and sad.
            Yep. Nightengale may as well be Jerry's minister of truth.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
              Jerry/Kenny deflecting blame from LaRussa/Hahn. Cheap and sad.
              To me, clubhouse discord is an indictment of the manager. Maybe we both need to see the optometrist. Although, "people are saying" is not the most reliable source.
              Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by berwyn View Post

                To me, clubhouse discord is an indictment of the manager. Maybe we both need to see the optometrist. Although, "people are saying" is not the most reliable source.
                Happy hearsay day. This upside down season fits your observation. Time was when…, but I’m just a bitter old fart.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                  If clubhouse discord was the cause of poor play, Oakland would never have won three World Series in a row. Nightengale stirring the pot, but ultimately, a non-story.
                  There was no dissention or discord among the A's players in those years, they were united as a team with their discord directed at owner Charles Finley. They knew that they were a good team and won despite Finley.
                  Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-11-2022, 05:21 AM.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                    That Anderson all star announcement may have said a lot. Where there is smoke there usually is fire.
                    There sure wasn't a lot of excitement in the clubhouse when the announcement was made, it was more like a wake at a funeral home.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                      There was no dissention or discord among the A's players in those years, they were united as a team with their discord directed at owner Charles Finley. They knew that they were a good team and won despite Finley.
                      You got it Nell. Those guys took great pride in winning in spite of the machinations of Finley and his shenanigans. That was one of the heartbreaks of the early 70’s. Losing to a team you expected to implode at any time, but those bastards acting like a band of brothers walking through a mine field.

                      BK59

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

                        You got it Nell. Those guys took great pride in winning in spite of the machinations of Finley and his shenanigans. That was one of the heartbreaks of the early 70’s. Losing to a team you expected to implode at any time, but those bastards acting like a band of brothers walking through a mine field.

                        BK59
                        As big as a jerk Charlie O. was you have to give him credit for building that cast of characters.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you don’t think team chemistry matters a ton in the most team centered sport that exists, you have no clue.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                            If you don’t think team chemistry matters a ton in the most team centered sport that exists, you have no clue.
                            Without a doubt.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                              If you don’t think team chemistry matters a ton in the most team centered sport that exists, you have no clue.
                              I've always wondered if winning leads to great chemistry or great chemistry leads to winning. Kind of a classic chicken & egg question.

                              I also give no credence to a sourceless twitter report of bad juju in the Sox clubhouse.
                              Last edited by Chez; 07-11-2022, 07:31 AM.

                              2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                              Posts on old WSI: 7344

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X