• thomas35forever
    Major Leagues
    • Apr 2020

*Official* 7/8 Something Something...I Don't Even Know Postgamer

What the title says.
  • MrX
    All Star
    • Apr 2020

How my times this year has Anderson been thrown out because he comes off the bag and gets tagged? I can think of at least 3.

Joe Kelly coming in with a 9,49 ERA and managing to raise it even higher is quite an achievement.

Comment

• Noneck
      Major Leagues
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by MrX
      How my times this year has Anderson been thrown out because he comes off the bag and gets tagged? I can think of at least 3.
      I would think it may be tough to be respected that much when one constantly makes mistakes like that.

and the Sox are closer to 4th place than 1st

Comment

• EstreetSox
        A-Ball
        • Apr 2022

What a waste of a Friday night. I should have watched SpongeBob instead.

Comment

• Domeshot17
          Major Leagues
          • Apr 2020

This team is so comically bad.

Comment

• BigKlu59
            Major Leagues
            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by EstreetSox
            What a waste of a Friday night. I should have watched SpongeBob instead.
            I would have opted for a Stooges Marathon.

BK59

Comment

• LITTLE NELL
              Major Leagues
              • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Noneck

I would think it may be tough to be respected that much when one constantly makes mistakes like that.

The way Detroit is playing and the way we're playing it wouldn't surprise me if we end up in 4th place.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

• Chez
                Major Leagues
                • Apr 2020

Two nights in a row the Sox have had the guys you want up in the ninth with the game on the line and they couldn't deliver.

2024 In-Person Record: 0-2
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 317-270
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

• BigKlu59
                  Major Leagues
                  • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Chez
                  Two nights in a row the Sox have had the guys you want up in the ninth with the game on the line and they couldn't deliver.
                  That’s sad… really ****ing sad.

Comment

• davenicholson
                    Double A
                    • Nov 2020

To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.

Comment

• Chez
                      Major Leagues
                      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by davenicholson
                      To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.
                      The 1984 team. The team that Sports Illustrated (in its annual baseball preview issue) put on the cover and claimed had assembled the best pitching staff in the history of baseball and predicted would win the World Series. Instead, finished 74-88. Managed by TLR.
                      Last edited by Chez; 07-09-2022, 09:03 AM.

2024 In-Person Record: 0-2
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 317-270
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

• BigKlu59
                        Major Leagues
                        • Apr 2020

Hey, I’m with ya bud. It’s one thing through the years when expectation levels were tempered by the obvious shortcomings. I’ve also been through of lifetime of Chicago Teams that were no doubt about it’s tearing up the league and falling flat on their faces with tragic endings of seasons.

This bird is from another flock. Only thing close would be the expectations of 1960,1984,1994, 2001,2006 and 2009 when they went into a season as such high favorites only to disappoint the fan base. That’s why this old fart has a tempered outlook.

BK59

Comment

• Dumpjerry
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2020

Comment

• longtimefan
                            Major Leagues
                            • May 2020

Originally posted by MrX

Joe Kelly coming in with a 9,49 ERA and managing to raise it even higher is quite an achievement.
                            Anderson's blunder just adds to the list of Sox dumb plays.

Kelly needs to prove he belongs on the team...quickly. If not, DFA him. At least, that would prevent TLR from putting him in.

Comment

• LITTLE NELL
                              Major Leagues
                              • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Noneck

A few guys on this team lack baseball smarts besides being a little lazy, how do you tag a guy without the ball like Anderson did the other day, how do 2 guys run into a triple play on a fly ball to the outfield besides a few other instances this year
                              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-09-2022, 11:07 AM.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...