Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 7/8 Something Something...I Don't Even Know Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 7/8 Something Something...I Don't Even Know Postgamer

    What the title says.

  • #2
    How my times this year has Anderson been thrown out because he comes off the bag and gets tagged? I can think of at least 3.

    Joe Kelly coming in with a 9,49 ERA and managing to raise it even higher is quite an achievement.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrX View Post
      How my times this year has Anderson been thrown out because he comes off the bag and gets tagged? I can think of at least 3.
      I would think it may be tough to be respected that much when one constantly makes mistakes like that.

      and the Sox are closer to 4th place than 1st

      Comment


      • #4
        What a waste of a Friday night. I should have watched SpongeBob instead.

        Comment


        • #5
          This team is so comically bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EstreetSox View Post
            What a waste of a Friday night. I should have watched SpongeBob instead.
            I would have opted for a Stooges Marathon.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Noneck View Post

              I would think it may be tough to be respected that much when one constantly makes mistakes like that.

              and the Sox are closer to 4th place than 1st
              The way Detroit is playing and the way we're playing it wouldn't surprise me if we end up in 4th place.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

              Comment


              • #8
                Two nights in a row the Sox have had the guys you want up in the ninth with the game on the line and they couldn't deliver.

                2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 4-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 304-259
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chez View Post
                  Two nights in a row the Sox have had the guys you want up in the ninth with the game on the line and they couldn't deliver.
                  That’s sad… really ****ing sad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davenicholson View Post
                      To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.
                      The 1984 team. The team that Sports Illustrated (in its annual baseball preview issue) put on the cover and claimed had assembled the best pitching staff in the history of baseball and predicted would win the World Series. Instead, finished 74-88. Managed by TLR.
                      Last edited by Chez; 07-09-2022, 09:03 AM.

                      2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 4-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 304-259
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by davenicholson View Post
                        To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.
                        Hey, I’m with ya bud. It’s one thing through the years when expectation levels were tempered by the obvious shortcomings. I’ve also been through of lifetime of Chicago Teams that were no doubt about it’s tearing up the league and falling flat on their faces with tragic endings of seasons.

                        This bird is from another flock. Only thing close would be the expectations of 1960,1984,1994, 2001,2006 and 2009 when they went into a season as such high favorites only to disappoint the fan base. That’s why this old fart has a tempered outlook.

                        BK59

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by davenicholson View Post
                          To say that this is the worst Sox team I have seen would be, admittedly, hyperbole. But they are certainly the most underperforming team that I can recall. I'm getting acid flashbacks of "dump Jerry" and Corpseball.

                          ...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MrX View Post
                            How my times this year has Anderson been thrown out because he comes off the bag and gets tagged? I can think of at least 3.

                            Joe Kelly coming in with a 9,49 ERA and managing to raise it even higher is quite an achievement.
                            Anderson's blunder just adds to the list of Sox dumb plays.

                            Kelly needs to prove he belongs on the team...quickly. If not, DFA him. At least, that would prevent TLR from putting him in.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Noneck View Post

                              I would think it may be tough to be respected that much when one constantly makes mistakes like that.

                              and the Sox are closer to 4th place than 1st
                              A few guys on this team lack baseball smarts besides being a little lazy, how do you tag a guy without the ball like Anderson did the other day, how do 2 guys run into a triple play on a fly ball to the outfield besides a few other instances this year
                              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-09-2022, 11:07 AM.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X