Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Anderson Voted AL Starting Shortstop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim Anderson Voted AL Starting Shortstop

    Congratulations TA7!

    Apparently he is the first Sox shortstop to be elected the AL All Star Game starter since Aparicio.

  • #2
    Congrats TA

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome. Maybe this year they’ll even let him get an at bat.

      Comment


      • #4
        It would be wrong if Bichette had beat out TA. TA was the clear better SS to this point in the season.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bright spot in a cloudy season. Congratulations TA.

          Comment


          • #6
            That is just freaking awesome and SO well deserved. Gratz TA!
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Anyone see how dead the clubhouse was when the news was announced? This team has no enthusiasm.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                Anyone see how dead the clubhouse was when the news was announced? This team has no enthusiasm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The enthusiasm doesn’t look too great considering the last Sox SS to start was Looie.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                    The enthusiasm doesn’t look too great considering the last Sox SS to start was Looie.
                    There’s a video below it in that thread comparing last year’s celebration when he was named a reserve to this year and it’s night and day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In all fairness, it's harder for a team to get excited about individual accomplishments when their season is slipping away. Last year, things were going well at the break.
                      Nellie had more doubles than strikeouts every year from 1950 to 1963, and more triples (12) than strikeouts (11) in 1951 (682 plate appearances.)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                        In all fairness, it's harder for a team to get excited about individual accomplishments when their season is slipping away. Last year, things were going well at the break.
                        And we've been a .500 team since and sinking to lower depths.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X