Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 7/7 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 7/7 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back Postgamer

    This team is just so unlikable, it's amazing.

  • #2
    Not even sure what to say after that flat as **** effort.

    Comment


    • #3
      The team leader gets hung out to dry then swings at one that’s not in the corn king giants strike zone. Not a likable team or players.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Noneck View Post
        The team leader gets hung out to dry then swings at one that’s not in the corn king giants strike zone. Not a likable team or players.
        Back to the face palm baseball. These guys are up and down like a thermometer in the Sonoran Desert.

        BK59

        Comment


        • #5
          Instead of using the catcher with an .800+ OPS to pinch hit for the catcher, the skipper uses .500- OPS utility infielder to pinch hit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tragg View Post
            Instead of using the catcher with an .800+ OPS to pinch hit for the catcher, the skipper uses .500- OPS utility infielder to pinch hit.
            Yeah I was actually thinking why not Vaughn, but Seby would have been a better choice too. Not our night offensively. What you gonna do?
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              C'mon people, you're being way too tough on our guys, they were all banged up and a little sluggish from Wednesday's game as they banged out a bunch of hits, scored 9 runs, while having to run the bases, hitting all those home runs, shagging fly balls, picking up grounders and having to make throws across the infield. I'm sure they will bounce back and win on Sunday and salvage a game in the series. Thank God the All Star break is coming up soon so they can have a nice rest and be ready for the second half in their quest for a 79-83 season.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-08-2022, 04:40 AM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                Instead of using the catcher with an .800+ OPS to pinch hit for the catcher, the skipper uses .500- OPS utility infielder to pinch hit.
                Because “those at bats belong to Leury.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                  C'mon people, you're being way too tough on our guys, they were all banged up and a little sluggish from Wednesday's game as they banged out a bunch of hits, scored 9 runs, while having to run the bases, hitting all those home runs, shagging fly balls, picking up grounders and having to make throws across the infield. I'm sure they will bounce back and win on Sunday and salvage a game in the series. Thank God the All Star break is coming up soon so they can have a nice rest and be ready for the second half in their quest for a 79-83 season.
                  I see you’ve seen this song and dance before with a rotating cast of characters. I’m beginning to think they should do some blood work on these guys. Maybe replace the sports drinks with Geritol and corner the Dietitian. Seems like the meal plan at Home has a few deficiencies. Maybe more spinach and saltpeter with liver and onions.

                  BK59

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm beginning to get the sense that this team might not be very good.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                      Yeah I was actually thinking why not Vaughn, but Seby would have been a better choice too. Not our night offensively. What you gonna do?
                      Vaughn was not available due to illness. Might be his allergies acting up again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Sox somehow managed to lose a game to a team with a historically bad offense, when the pitching matchup was Cease against some guy named Beau Brieske. I know the division is still within reach, and they're more talented than the Twins and Guardians, but when stuff like this keeps happening it shows that even if they were to sneak into the playoffs, it would almost surely be a quick exit. There is just to much broken with this roster, from the managerial seat on down.

                        I know that they've had an unprecedented run of success by making the playoffs for 2 consecutive years, and 3-straight would be parade worthy, but really if they can't get to the ALCS (which seems like a pipe dream at this point) then this season is an abject failure. They're probably better off selling some pieces, retooling the roster in the offseason to make more sense, getting a manager who knows what he's doing, and going for it next year. This team has a lot of "2021 Minnesota Twins" vibes, except that they were out of the picture a lot earlier so it was clear what their direction would be.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                          Yeah I was actually thinking why not Vaughn, but Seby would have been a better choice too. Not our night offensively. What you gonna do?
                          You and me? We can't do anything about it. The manager sure could have. Pinch hitting with the worst qualified hitter in the majors doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

                          La Russa gets blamed for a lot of stuff, and some of it isn't his fault or there is more going on behind the scenes, but then he makes moves like this that are completely unjustifiable. It happens all too often.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

                            You and me? We can't do anything about it. The manager sure could have. Pinch hitting with the worst qualified hitter in the majors doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

                            La Russa gets blamed for a lot of stuff, and some of it isn't his fault or there is more going on behind the scenes, but then he makes moves like this that are completely unjustifiable. It happens all too often.
                            Looks like Tony the Tinkerer has lost his Abilities to Tink. I get over the season you try to get guys experience in situations to find out the sackage capabilities, but after a few skull smacks against the brick wall go with more favorable odds to get the job done. This was supposed to be a team that needed minor tweaks this season. Not a casting call for “A Chorus Line”.

                            BK59

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              As soon as the Tigers got their second run, I knew the Sox would score once.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X