*OFFICIAL* 7/6/22 Relief and Jubilation SOX 9 MIN 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 7/6/22 Relief and Jubilation SOX 9 MIN 8

Big power early keeps it close; Leury pokes the walkoff single in the 10th.

About time we beat those bastards.

Comment

Hell . Of . A . Game !!!

Comment

We hung in there, 3 homer's helped big time, Little Leury will get you a big hit on occasion. Tigers in next and are on fire, we need to show up against them and take at least 3 games.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

I always love Little Leury heroics — drives some WSIers nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
            I’m always happy when a Sox player produces. He’s a better RH hitter than LH hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
              I sort of like the guy but not out there everyday and not in the outfield.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Great way to wrap up this series. Didn’t get all that they wanted, but better than a backhanded slap of a sweep. Got to declaw those Tiggers though no questions asked.

Loved the combination of all aspects of the game where the long ball, fielding and clutch hits pulled this one out.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                  I sort of like the guy but not out there everyday and not in the outfield.
                  Agreed. If the Sox didn't sustain so many injuries, Leury would be used the right way and get maybe 8-12 plate appearances per week. It's unfortunate that he had to be pressed into service for as many games as he has appeared in this year.

Comment

I'm glad they won, and it's good to see Garcia hitting and driving in runs. Lynn had a rough start, and when Ruiz came in I got a cold shiver. But it worked out alright.
                    I thought they would be swept when Ruiz came in.
                    Now, on to the Tiggers.

Comment

It was a beautiful day at the park and good to see the long ball return along with Eloy. It was a little frustrating to see Lynn and company give up runs every half inning after the offense pulled them even, but the one time they didn't was the time it counted the most.

Glad I got to pull up my White Sox victory playlist for the long drive home in rush hour traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
                        It was a beautiful day at the park and good to see the long ball return along with Eloy. It was a little frustrating to see Lynn and company give up runs every half inning after the offense pulled them even, but the one time they didn't was the time it counted the most.

Glad I got to pull up my White Sox victory playlist for the long drive home in rush hour traffic.
                        Those are the best ride homes even if you have to kiss bumpers for a half hour. Crank it up !!!!

BK59

Comment

Sox came back five times in this one. Helluva win!

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 4-6
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 304-259
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

So that's where the longball was hiding. Eloy put it in his pocket and left with it. Then he brought it back and released it into the wild and like magic all the young studs started smacking the baseball. Hope it continues and welcome back big Baby.

Would be nice if our power pitchers stopped grooving 94 MPH fastballs, but I'll take the win and nice to see Liam have another solid outing.

This series had one of the 60 you just lose and 2 of the 42 could have gone either way. At least we got one of them.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              This series had one of the 60 you just lose and 2 of the 42 could have gone either way. At least we got one of them.
                              Monday's loss is still going to hurt for a while. Those are the kind of mistakes you can't make against bad teams, much less decent ones like the Twins (despite them being crappy and perpetual losers).

Not real happy with TA channeling his inner Alexei Ramirez on the first inning should-have-been double play.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X