*Official* 6/27 Ass Against the Angels Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 6/27 Ass Against the Angels Postgamer

Should we talk about selling at the trade deadline? We've lost five of six now.

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    Cue Tom Perry’s “Free Fallin”. Something’s gotta give.

Comment

No. I prefer they do nothing. This organization is not very good at trades.

Comment

Originally posted by kitekrazy View Post

No. I prefer they do nothing. This organization is not very good at trades.
        Get ready for three more months of this then.

Comment

This organization seems to have mentally weak players. They can't hold a lead after 7. I think the pen draws straws to take turns to choke, Leury is a bad omen. While he didn't lose the game his presence is more involved in losses. Taking Sheets bat out of the lineup didn't help.

The constant in the Sox universe is lack of baseball IQ. That goes deep in developing and scouting. That will never change. If a person ever suffers from lack of seeing bad baserunning they just need to watch this team. I don't think this is ever addressed in the minors. Most organizations would fire those responsible.

I often wonder if deep down Tony is saying this sure isn't the Cardinals.

Comment

Get ready for three more months of this then.
            It would still be better than what they will try to do.

Comment

When does the schedule get easier?

What a pathetic bunch of losers, these guys are as comatose as the manager.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-28-2022, 05:12 AM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                When does the schedule get easier?

What a pathetic bunch of losers, these guys are as comatose as the manager.
                Like watching “The Night Of The Living Dead”..
                Corpseball at its finest. Meanwhile, Ohtani pitches 9 innings of ball and hits 450+ ft shots like he’s sipping from a cup of Lotus tea.

BK59

Comment

Lopez had a bad game. He's been one of the bright spots in the bullpen all season so it figures he has a bad outing in a game where the team fought back and took the lead. But sure, losers, pathetic, etc. Whatever.

Why do any of you think this team is going to sell at the deadline? They have been banged up all year. They have not had a 100% healthy roster the entire year. They currently have a AA player playing 2nd base, a DH in RF, their starting 2B playing 3B and the backup catcher has become the starter. Half of the starters are dealing with various injuries. There is no way in hell that this team is going to be selling at the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                    Lopez had a bad game. He's been one of the bright spots in the bullpen all season so it figures he has a bad outing in a game where the team fought back and took the lead. But sure, losers, pathetic, etc. Whatever.

Why do any of you think this team is going to sell at the deadline? They have been banged up all year. They have not had a 100% healthy roster the entire year. They currently have a AA player playing 2nd base, a DH in RF, their starting 2B playing 3B and the backup catcher has become the starter. Half of the starters are dealing with various injuries. There is no way in hell that this team is going to be selling at the deadline.
                    I believe the Ray's have had more injuries than we have, they have lost Brandon Lowe, their top HR hitter for a couple of months now, Wander Franco was out for a month and just returned, their best pitcher had TJS last year and is still out, Ji Man Choi was out 2 weeks, Zaninni who hit 32 homer's last year is out for with a bad back, Margot who was having a real nice year is out for probably the rest of the year, Keirmeir is on the IL again but yet they continue to win ballgames and are 8 games over .500. and will probably win a WC spot. Yes, we have some pathetic losers on our White Sox along with a pathetic manager and a pathetic owner, Hahn get's a pass because he has to answer to the pathetic owner.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

I believe the Ray's have had more injuries than we have, they have lost Brandon Lowe, their top HR hitter for a couple of months now, Wander Franco was out for a month and just returned, their best pitcher had TJS last year and is still out, Ji Man Choi was out 2 weeks, Zaninni who hit 32 homer's last year is out for with a bad back, Margot who was having a real nice year is out for probably the rest of the year, Keirmeir is on the IL again but yet they continue to win ballgames and are 8 games over .500. and will probably win a WC spot. Yes, we have some pathetic losers on our White Sox along with a pathetic manager and a pathetic owner, Hahn get's a pass because he has to answer to the pathetic owner.
                      Don’t go messing up the argument with facts there, Perry Mason. We and only we are the walking wounded that can’t fight our way out of a paper bag. You ain’t gonna win many games when you run the bases like a T-Baller seeing the diamond for the first time. I throw some tough luck in there, but the foot shooting ball they have been trotting out there is a pathetic display of incompetence at all levels.

BK59

Comment

Based on the way the Sox have been playing, it would be a triumph of hope over experience if they get above .500 this season, much less actually overtake Cleveland and Minnesota to win the division.

It’s totally understandable to blame injuries for the record, but if so there is no track record that inspires confidence that everyone’s going to be healthy and productive in the second half.

Comment

I don't see what there is to do . this team is in hard times, and by that i mean that it seems that no matter what they do, it just doesn't seem to work out for them . until Jerry Reinsdorf is gone, probably nothing will change, except the fans will stop coming .maybe we're going have the Pirates now, since i imagine that JR is done putting money into this team . I just wish that they had built a team around solid pitching and strong defense, instead of a team of dh's, that have no idea how to play the field properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                            Why do any of you think this team is going to sell at the deadline?
                            The team is poorly constructed and needs a retool.
                            But that's not why I think they'll sell a bit (if this keeps going as is). I think they'll sell to cut payroll to keep the FO in good stead with ownership. They won't sell the core - just some players who aren't a part of the core, many of whom they overpaid (and thus a poorly constructed team), with promise to contend again next year.
                            Last edited by Tragg; 06-28-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                              The team is poorly constructed and needs a retool. But that's not why I think they'll sell a bit (if this keeps going as is). I think they'll sell to cut payroll to keep the FO in good stead with ownership. They won't sell the core - just some players who aren't a part of the core, many of whom they overpaid (and thus a poorly constructed team), with promise to contend again next year.
                              I think the injuries to numerous critical core players exacerbate and magnify construction issues. But to whatever degree we agree or disagree, I think we agree that we need to convert some of our surplus RH 1B/DH capital into good LH hitting that hits RH pitching well that can play good defense at 2B and/or RF. Whether this is accomplished by trades, or payroll savings being plowed into free agents, it just needs to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X