Clear All

• *Official* 6/24 post-game thread

___
    Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	136
Size:	399.5 KB
ID:	65706

Don't worry. When the weather heats up....
    If it's up put it down. If it's down put it up.

Comment

Some are waiting for the injured to return. Well 3 of the injured have done nothing so far this year ( moncada, grandal, Harrison) the other has only had one good spurt over his career. The team is flawed and not likable. In any other division the Sox would be buried.
      Last edited by Noneck; 06-24-2022, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
        The team is flawed
        Indeed. That is the problem.
        While I've been leery of this FO since the outset, a 2 year window is still stunning and disheartening..
        Last edited by Tragg; 06-25-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post

Indeed. That is the problem.
          While I've been leery of this FO since the outset, a 2 year window is still stunning and disheartening..
          In my long years of following this team it always seems the most hyped fall the flattest on their faces. This is just another example of that. Reminds me of getting a brochure from the Travel Agent for a 5 star resort, only to show up finding a roach filled, bed bug hopping, sheet stained, scumming pooled, decrepit piece of real estate. Surprise!!!!!

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

In my long years of following this team it always seems the most hyped fall the flattest on their faces.

BK59
            I dont think its the hype but the core of the team believing in the hype.

Comment

I've spent so many years sitting through bad seasons, and this would be just another, if not for the fact that they had me believing in all of their hype . it's difficult to just give up though, and i will continue to watch until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

In my long years of following this team it always seems the most hyped fall the flattest on their faces.

BK59
                I learned that lesson in year 2. Started following in '67. Although the last week was a bummer, although I wasn't happy with the Agee trade (yes I was Tragg at the age of 10), I was still psyched for '68. Then 0-10 happened.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post

I learned that lesson in year 2. Started following in '67. Although the last week was a bummer, although I wasn't happy with the Agee trade (yes I was Tragg at the age of 10), I was still psyched for '68. Then 0-10 happened.....
                  I know we Old Farts get a lot of grief for our “Tempered” outlooks, but as you’ve seen, it’s been “Forged” by a lot of Sledge blows between our cranium and that Anvil. Don’t even bring up the Cardiac component of following this team.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                    I've spent so many years sitting through bad seasons, and this would be just another, if not for the fact that they had me believing in all of their hype . it's difficult to just give up though, and i will continue to watch until the end.
                    We all do. It’s in the damn DNA. Like I’ve always said, The best way to learn the game is to follow the Sox. You’ll experience every emotion and visual display the game can offer. The true Pathos of the sport itself. If a situation has happened in the game, it probably has a Sox reference in its historical occurrence. Unfortunately, most times you either cover your eyes, or pull the ball cap down to cover your face.

BK59
                    Last edited by BigKlu59; 06-25-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

I dont think its the hype but the core of the team believing in the hype.
                      The core of the team believing they are good enough to contend for a World Series? How dare they!! Especially after making the post-season in consecutive seasons. Just defies logic they would believe in themselves and their abilities.

Comment

I could accept this record (and blame it on injuries) IF this team played solid fundamental baseball with a high level of intensity (like the 1990 White Sox)- which they kind of played last season when Hamilton and Goodwin brought a little fire to the group- BUT, we're now a ~.500 team since the middle of last season, there are almost daily examples of poor fundamentals or a lack of hustle/intensity- combined with the flawed roster construction (lack of a LH starting pitcher, lack of a LH hitting outfielder)- it's just a mess across the board- in a season when we should be in the absolute heart of our window to compete for a championship.

I'm glad I went month to month on my MLB.TV subscription- pretty sure I'll be canceling before July.
                        #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

The core of the team believing they are good enough to contend for a World Series? How dare they!! Especially after making the post-season in consecutive seasons. Just defies logic they would believe in themselves and their abilities.
                          Yes, but it’s like the little train that said I think I can chugging up the mountain with no wheels at this point. Think all you want, but slap them damn wheels on and get some traction and not leave them on the rails in the Ashland Yards.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

Yes just keep remembering your past laurels Is enough to succeed.

Comment

This team is simply painful to watch. They managed all of one hit off a less than mighty Baltimore pitching staff. Kopech pitched well enough but forgot to check on the runners several times. LaRussa continues to march out a struggling Garcia. There seems to be little energy on the field and they are certainly not the smartest team I've ever seen. They lead MLB in runners being nailed at the plate. That's just dumb baseball. You can blame McEwing. Or you can blame the players.

Maybe they are what they appear to be: a .500 team going nowhere fast.

Yes, I'm an old timer that's been watching this s&$# show too many times over the years. This is year three of that highly-touted five year window. The shades are being pulled fast on this season unless something changes dramatically - and soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X