Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 6/22 Who Else Can Get Hurt? Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 6/22 Who Else Can Get Hurt? Postgamer

    We have a full M*A*S*H unit right now. Oh, and Giolito is bad again.

  • #2
    Now the injuries are officially a concern, with Mendick, Engel, and Robert all going down today, and Jose looking like he could use a day off his feet. The good news is that Tony said Robert should be fine to start tomorrow, but Mendick didn't look good and Engel is a hamstring issue, so both could be looking at an IL stint. To make matters worse, there really aren't any reinforcements available. There is exactly one healthy position player on the 40 man that isn't already in Chicago - Gavin Sheets (Romy is currently hurt). I expect he'll be called up tomorrow. If Engel goes on the IL, they need one more guy to stay at 13 position players - maybe it's Yolbert Sanchez time?

    Fortunately, it's the Orioles coming to town, and they should be able to take 3 of 4 even not at full strength.

    Giolito is officially a major concern. It could be a post-COVID thing... his ERA was around 2.7 before he missed that time. Whatever it is, he's not helping the team in his current form. He tends to fall completely apart around the 4th-5th inning, for the time being La Russa needs to have someone warmed up by then in case Giolito starts to get in trouble.

    Other guys I'm concerned about are Foster (he really fell off a cliff, didn't he?) and Leury. Leury looks like a shell of his former self, and his former self was a shell of a good baseball player. But that 3-year contract looks worse and worse every day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah you have to wonder whose idea it was to give Garcia a 3 year deal. Not a good move as it turns out. I mean, he's had his moments but not lately.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
        Now the injuries are officially a concern, with Mendick, Engel, and Robert all going down today, and Jose looking like he could use a day off his feet.
        I don't see anything about Robert on the injury report. What happened to him?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

          I don't see anything about Robert on the injury report. What happened to him?
          Pulled due to leg soreness, TLR says that he should be able to play on Thursday.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

            Pulled due to leg soreness, TLR says that he should be able to play on Thursday.
            Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gio is our 5th right now. Hopefully he can get it back but it is painful to watch. I know people have mentioned the covid concerns and that very well may be it...he just seems to be pitching without conviction. Perhaps he needs a start or two off to try to reset and get some stamina back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sheets is not in the lineup for the Knights, but Yolbert is.

                https://twitter.com/tripleajeff/stat...CvFTCWLv5dwPvA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                  Yeah you have to wonder whose idea it was to give Garcia a 3 year deal. Not a good move as it turns out. I mean, he's had his moments but not lately.
                  My guess it was TLR who has a direct line to Reinsdorf.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Happy .500 Day. These guys love spinning the wheels of the Studebaker in the mud. Go gettem tomorrow. Playing at home hasn’t been an advantage to these guys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                      Happy .500 Day. These guys love spinning the wheels of the Studebaker in the mud. Go gettem tomorrow. Playing at home hasn’t been an advantage to these guys.
                      I wanted the sweep but a couple days ago I said we needed to go 2-1 against the Jay's and 3-1 against the O's and finish the homestand at a game over .500 so we are on track for that scenario.
                      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-22-2022, 06:25 PM.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                        Sheets is not in the lineup for the Knights, but Yolbert is.

                        https://twitter.com/tripleajeff/stat...CvFTCWLv5dwPvA
                        Sosa is not in the lineup for Birmingham. I doubt they'd promote him from AA to Chicago, but maybe?

                        https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...f08w1gM-M50Ybw

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

                          Sosa is not in the lineup for Birmingham. I doubt they'd promote him from AA to Chicago, but maybe?

                          https://twitter.com/JamesFox917/stat...f08w1gM-M50Ybw
                          With Leury back if Sheets is recalled they have enough coverage (barely). Romy isn't expected to miss a lot of time. He's just sick not injured. Maybe Romy is already on his way to Chicago and Sosa is getting promoted to Charlotte to fill the gap.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                            Pulled due to leg soreness, TLR says that he should be able to play on Thursday.
                            Stone felt that TLR pulled Robert for lack of hustle. When Robert's single eluded the LF, a run scored from 1st base but, Robert was still at 1st. The replay showed Robert trotting to 1st base, Stone said ~ there's no excuse for lack of hustle. He then related the story of Bobby Cox pulling Andrew Jones for lack of hustle, a teaching moment. Since it appears he'll be playing tomorrow, was it leg soreness or a teaching moment?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here is the play

                              https://www.mlb.com/video/luis-rober...i-single-x5018

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X