X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/21/22 12th Inning Walkoff Winner SOX 7 TOR 6 Postgamer

Huge win; we’re back to .500.

Go for the sweep tomorrow.

Controversial opinion: I really like the extra inning rules. What a fantastic, fun game.

Comment

Works when you win them… OK, Let’s start playing at a .750 clip. Tired of this .500 crap.

BK59

Comment

I'm gonna giggle about this win for a while. That was amazing. We had the game won 6 times and kept falling just short. Meanwhile Toronto got totally lucky in the 7th to get the lead in the first place. Their cheap hits led to runs our cheap hits kept finding gloves or going just foul. Heck Toronto threw really bad wild pitches with a man on third TWICE and BOTH of them bounced right back to home. I was starting to feel that it just wasn't our night especially after McGuire just missed a double down the line in the 13th and then got called out on ball 4 - 5" off the plate. Then came Josh and Josh had another really nice night. Glad Vince got the W. He deserved it.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda... did...

Oh and Toons beat the Twinkies so they are tied and Sox are 3.5 games back. I don't think we're white flagging it this time...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Big win for the CHW. Now let's sweep these ****s tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Engel's range on that curving liner and Robert's great break on that sinking drive to center were huge in extras. Not to mention Robert's clutch hit in the ninth.

Comment

Was at the game. Broke my cardinal rule and left in the 11th shortly after the balk. It was a school night.

Comment

Minor miracle when Romano lost his command on the cusp of closing out a win. Culminated in the outside pitch to Robert for the game tying single when they were playing him shifted the other way. Too many of these that went against us so this one feels great.
                I'm not into crypto yet and that makes me feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                  Works when you win them… OK, Let’s start playing at a .750 clip. Tired of this .500 crap.

BK59
                  Amen to that, have to win today and then beat up the O's who have been playing well of late.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Amen to that, have to win today and then beat up the O's who have been playing well of late.
                    You mean the old Sad Sack St. Louis Browns who once they drank from the Inner Harbor of the Patapsco River, morphed into a franchise that had a meteoric rise to future greatness.

Yes, gotta start thumping foes here on out if they want to play in the sandbox come October. Otherwise it’s dragging the Louisville Slugger over sidewalk cracks, wearing your mitt over your head, heading home to Momma for a glass of Ovaltine and a fistful of Salerno Butter Cookies.

BK59

Comment

Props to Engel for coming through last night, being on base 5 times. The Jays were so scared of him that they IBB'ed him in the 12th. He's one of the few guys (along with Leury) that hasn't shown much of anything offensively recently, but it he could show a little bit of life it would be a nice little boost. The defensive OF of Pollock/Robert/Engel played huge dividends late in this game.

Really glad they got this win, especially with what will likely be a tough game this afternoon. Big test for Giolito to bounce back after a couple bad outings. A lot of the underlying numbers for him have been pretty bleak. I'm expecting this one to get ugly, especially with the battered bullpen, but if Giolito wants to surprise me it would be very welcome.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised this morning waking up to a Sox win. When I went to bed, I figured another one bit the dust. Good to see this win.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                          Props to Engel for coming through last night, being on base 5 times. The Jays were so scared of him that they IBB'ed him in the 12th. He's one of the few guys (along with Leury) that hasn't shown much of anything offensively recently, but it he could show a little bit of life it would be a nice little boost. The defensive OF of Pollock/Robert/Engel played huge dividends late in this game.

Really glad they got this win, especially with what will likely be a tough game this afternoon. Big test for Giolito to bounce back after a couple bad outings. A lot of the underlying numbers for him have been pretty bleak. I'm expecting this one to get ugly, especially with the battered bullpen, but if Giolito wants to surprise me it would be very welcome.
                          Engel has changed his approach and is still making solid contact but now he's hitting line drives to RF as well as trying to pull. Teams started pitching him differently and he's making the adjustment. Took him a while to get here, but he's still got a nice quick swing so it's starting to pay dividends.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Controversial opinion: I really like the extra inning rules. What a fantastic, fun game.
                            I love the extra inning rules. Don't get me wrong, I love the game straight up too, but I can't be staying up all night. It makes getting deciding runs on the board a little easier, and most importantly, faster. Almost 75% of extra inning games end in the 10th with these rules. About double those that ended in 10 before the rule change. It's exciting.

Last night was just a great game, start to finish, and I didn't mind waking up on short rest.

...Big test for Giolito to bounce back after a couple bad outings. A lot of the underlying numbers for him have been pretty bleak. I'm expecting this one to get ugly, especially with the battered bullpen, but if Giolito wants to surprise me it would be very welcome.
                            You got this right. Gio has been shaky for his last few. Velocity down, command suspect... Seems like last few times out, he's either finished the 1st trailing or thrown a lot of pitches early. It'd be nice to see him come out ready, look strong, protect the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

You mean the old Sad Sack St. Louis Browns who once they drank from the Inner Harbor of the Patapsco River, morphed into a franchise that had a meteoric rise to future greatness.

Yes, gotta start thumping foes here on out if they want to play in the sandbox come October. Otherwise it’s dragging the Louisville Slugger over sidewalk cracks, wearing your mitt over your head, heading home to Momma for a glass of Ovaltine and a fistful of Salerno Butter Cookies.

BK59
                              Quoted for Salerno Butter Cookies.

Count me among those who remained calm even with 2 outs in the 9th. Luis looks like he is back in stride at the plate. This was a game the Sox deserved to win and, conversely, Toronto did not. Hoping Lucas can go at least 7 innings today.
                              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X