*OFFICIAL* 6/20/22 Hit Homers; Score Runs; Win Games SOX 8 TOR 7 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/20/22 Hit Homers; Score Runs; Win Games SOX 8 TOR 7 Postgamer

A bit closer than it should have been. Burger’s error before a homer allowed an extra run to score, and TA getting picked off just before Vaughn homered prevented a run from scoring.

Harrison had a great game. Vaughn had four hits.

Lets hope some home cooking gets us lots of runs and lots of wins this week.

Three of the Toronto runs were off the home plate umpire.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      A bit closer than it should have been. Burger’s error before a homer allowed an extra run to score, and TA getting picked off just before Vaughn homered prevented a run from scoring.

Harrison had a great game. Vaughn had four hits.

Lets hope some home cooking gets us lots of runs and lots of wins this week.
      Harrison's defense was simply amazing tonight. That and the HR. He must realize he's fighting for a job.

Agreed it was closer than it should have been, and the ump didn't help. Lynn clearly had a let down after the horrible ball 4 call on Vlad. Nice to see the bats continuing to come around. TA, Vaughn and Luis is looking like a set 1-2-3 for the rest of the season. It ain't broken. DON'T try to fix it. Vaughn OPS at .896 (three points higher than TA at present). Go on and have yourself a year, young man. Make everyone wonder how you dropped to 3rd.. His approach at the plate is simply incredible. Might have to add me another jersey.

Another night when every single starter reached base and all but 2 scored runs and those two drove runs in.

Love me some Papa Lynn. Another nice outing from Lopez too.

People who are waiting for the Sox to bust loose... pssst... it's happening...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Nice to see the power starting to come back. 3 HRs in one game and they ended up needing every one of them. The Harrison one was a surprise, but they need the occasional HR from unexpected guys like him, Leury, or Engel. Most important is that Robert is looking like he’s driving the ball again, which is fantastic news. I saw a quote in the last day or two where he blamed his lack of power on his timing being off since he missed time with COVID. Hopefully it’s back and he can carry this forward to being the monster we were hoping for to start the season.

Lynn pitches better than his final numbers. Overall it was an encouraging outing for him after he struggled a bit in his debut. Lopez turning into a shutdown 2-inning guy is also a nice development. Maybe he and Kelly should switch spots in the pecking order until Kelly finds his groove? I like Kelly’s stuff, it’s just that he hasn’t had a chance to really get his season started yet and some lower leverage work might help him get comfortable. Obviously the injuries to Hendriks/Bummer make that more difficult.

I would not be at all upset if Harrison plays himself out of DFA consideration. This was his best game but he’s been pretty solid over the past couple weeks.

Good to have TA back, hopefully this group can stay healthy and break out over the next month. And oh yeah, Andrew Vaughn is good.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
          Three of the Toronto runs were off the home plate umpire.
          Yes, but in fairness Lynn also got some generous calls, too, particularly at the bottom of the zone. But I’m OK with that. 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
            TA, Vaughn and Luis is looking like a set 1-2-3 for the rest of the season. It ain't broken. DON'T try to fix it.
            Before I agreed with this statement, I checked their platoon splits. Each of them is obviously pounding LH pitchers. But they aren’t bad against RH pitchers, either. Robert’s .726 OPS v. RHP is the worst of the three. So yes, I’ll go ahead and agree that the lineup should feature TA, Vaughn, and Robert 1-2-3.

Of course, when Moncada comes back, he’s welcome to hit .300/.400/.500 and make us revisit this discussion. 😜

Comment

A little to close for comfort but a win is a win. It's really good that the guys are coming around with the bats. We need a really good homestand and win a least 5 and get over the .500 mark.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                A little to close for comfort but a win is a win. It's really good that the guys are coming around with the bats. We need a really good homestand and win a least 5 and get over the .500 mark.
                That’s a start Nell. Can’t get much traction hanging around .500 if they are going to make a move in the standings. They need to run off atleast a 6 or 7 game winning streak with Cleveland and Minnesota going Ofer the same period of time. Then let the chips fall where they may.

BK59

Comment

Blue Jay scouting noticed Luis can be nonchalant getting basehits back in and took advantage. Something for him to clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Yes, but in fairness Lynn also got some generous calls, too, particularly at the bottom of the zone. But I’m OK with that. 🤪
                    True but he got the opposite also. I thought he was going to be thrown out of the game when his pitch was called ball four and it was a perfect strike. The umpire was just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                      Blue Jay scouting noticed Luis can be nonchalant getting basehits back in and took advantage. Something for him to clean up.
                      Sorry but I don't understand your post. Would you please elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Sorry but I don't understand your post. Would you please elaborate.
                        Late in the game Robert took his time fielding what would normally be a routine single, and the runner stretched it into a double. I'm glad it happened in a win - Robert won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Late in the game Robert took his time fielding what would normally be a routine single, and the runner stretched it into a double. I'm glad it happened in a win - Robert won't make that mistake again.
                          i have to disagree. i think it will happen again. robert is a slow learner.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

That’s a start Nell. Can’t get much traction hanging around .500 if they are going to make a move in the standings. They need to run off atleast a 6 or 7 game winning streak with Cleveland and Minnesota going Ofer the same period of time. Then let the chips fall where they may.

BK59
                            That and when we meet up again with the Twinkees and the Guards we need to beat the crap out of them.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by priznr View Post

i have to disagree. i think it will happen again. robert is a slow learner.
                              How many times has it happened this season? Is one a trend? Is one a pattern? Is one enough to judge a players mental acuity and discipline?
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X