*OFFICIAL* 6/19/22 HOUs Our Daddy? ASTROS 4 SOX 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/19/22 HOUs Our Daddy? ASTROS 4 SOX 3 Postgamer

I guess winning one out of three in Houston is the modal outcome.

Garbage ESPN broadcast but that goes without saying. Spent half the game showing the Houston fan who caught the HR ball. Unbelievable. Saw something on twitter that Kopech's 2 home runs would have been outs in other parks. Not sure about how accurate that is. Regardless Stoney is calling him out for hitting the cooler with his pitching hand after he was pullled. Dumb indeed.

Come back home 5 games out. Could be worse, could be better. Let's start playing well at home for a change.

Comment

Well they fought back Atleast. Sucks hitting the ball 314 feet cost us this game. Had flashbacks to Yankee Stadium from back in the day. Yes that broadcast sucked. Talked more about the Kid and rambled about the Yankees so much you’d a think they were playing in the Bronx.

Hopefully some home cooking will help and get them over .500.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
        Garbage ESPN broadcast but that goes without saying. Spent half the game showing the Houston fan who caught the HR ball. Unbelievable. Saw something on twitter that Kopech's 2 home runs would have been outs in other parks. Not sure about how accurate that is. Regardless Stoney is calling him out for hitting the cooler with his pitching hand after he was pullled. Dumb indeed.

Come back home 5 games out. Could be worse, could be better. Let's start playing well at home for a change.
        So, are you saying some kid caught a home run ball that was the first MLB hit by some rook? And then he negotiated a King's ransom from the team for the ball while brokering a lasting peace between Russia and Ukraine that included Russia paying for rebuilding all structures damaged during the war?

ESPN must have mentioned that during the thirty seconds I spent getting a beer from the kitchen. I should pay more attention to the broadcast......

Comment

They kept going back to the guy who caught the HR ball like it was newsworthy. I guess when your broadcast stinks as much as ESPN you'll seize on anything to distract from it.

ESPN has always been garbage. The only time it's ever on in my home is if the Sox are on.

Nobody outside of the rookie and the guy who caught the ball even gives a **** about that ball.

Comment

Hard to score when the lineup includes 2 utility infielders, a backup catcher and an organizational minor leaguer (that the Sox actually traded for). Perhaps no-hit utility players is not where market inefficiencies lay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
              Hard to score when the lineup includes 2 utility infielders, a backup catcher and an organizational minor leaguer (that the Sox actually traded for). Perhaps no-hit utility players is not where market inefficiencies lay.
              True, lineup was not what we would want, but mostly it came down to Vaughn and Abreu going hitless and Houston's flyballs hit to perfect locations while ours went to the deepest part of the park on a few occasions early in the game.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Before the series began, I thought if we could win one game that it would be a success. However, I came away yesterday feeling we could have won two of the three with some key hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  Before the series began, I thought if we could win one game that it would be a success. However, I came away yesterday feeling we could have won two of the three with some key hitting.
                  Yup, they could have won the series. And that's the biggest takeaway to me - the team came away knowing they can win in Houston. We hopefully won't have to hear that narrative if they match up in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X