X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/14/22 Dylan Cease: Tiger Slayer SOX 5 DET 1 Postgamer

Cease is now 10-0 against DET.

Get the sweep tomorrow.

I know it's a quick turnaround game tomorrow but Tony needs to put his best lineup out there. No more giving games away with crap lineups.

Hopefully Moncada's RBI will give him some confidence going forward and if as Stone suggested Robert can start finding a power stroke that would be a very welcome sight. He is hitting a very quiet .284 which speaks to his immense talent.

Comment

Cease didn't look right early, but he was able to gut out 5 innings and turn it over to the bullpen, which was stellar. It helps going up against one of the worst major league offenses in the past 5-10 years.

Nice contributions offensively up and down the lineup. That's 6 straight games they've put up at least 5 runs (though one of those against Texas was aided by extra innings). It's amazing what losing some of the dead weight does to the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
        I know it's a quick turnaround game tomorrow but Tony needs to put his best lineup out there. No more giving games away with crap lineups.

Hopefully Moncada's RBI will give him some confidence going forward and if as Stone suggested Robert can start finding a power stroke that would be a very welcome sight. He is hitting a very quiet .284 which speaks to his immense talent.
        He has very few options, it's a 2-man bench right now with Burger day-to-day with his hand. So both Zavala and Harrison will likely be in the lineup. McGuire has caught 4 straight so he's a no-go in a day game. I'm not exactly sure who is going to be the other guy to sit, but whoever it is my prediction is that people will complain.

Comment

Nice win. Every single starter other than Engel had a hit, R and/or RBI. Jimmy Lambert has been born again hard as a multi-inning bridge reliever. Kelly looked sharp after the lead off single and Lopez was fine locking down the 9th. At a time when the team needs everyone to step up... so far most of them are.

Can't argue with the results anyway...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

If we ever get Cease, Kopech, and Lynn all healthy, we could go on a roll . not sure about Giolito, as someone said that he has long covid, and i know how that can mess up your life . not a lot of power, but putting hits together to score runs, works for me . if we can just get the team healthy.

Comment

Working...
            X