*OFFICIAL* 6/13/22 The Comeback Starts Today; SOX 9 DET 5 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/13/22 The Comeback Starts Today; SOX 9 DET 5 Postgamer

Closer than it should have been. Abreu’s power was the difference tonight.

I hope Burger is ok.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      Closer than it should have been. Abreu’s power was the difference tonight.
      With who they were forced to go to in the bullpen, that’s a solid win. Hope this is the beginning of a long stretch of offensive dominance from Abreu. Need someone to get hot.

Every starter other than Burger had a hit. Gutsy performance from a banged up pitching staff. Sousa got unlucky then made a mistake to Miguel, but got the ball to Banks and Graveman with the lead. Kelly back tomorrow. Hopefully Liam is available soon.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Daryl Van Schouwen tweets:

Lance Lynn on his exchange with Joe McEwing: "He was trying to get me going. He kept telling me that filet is better than ribeye. I'm more of a ribeye and potatoes guy. He's a filet and like, Caesar salad. I just told him he was wrong, and then he went back to coaching third."

Comment

Lance Lynn on his exchange with Joe McEwing: "He was trying to get me going. He kept telling me that filet is better than ribeye. I'm more of a ribeye and potatoes guy. He's a filet and like, Caesar salad. I just told him he was wrong, and then he went back to coaching third."
          Papa Lynn gets it…
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Crazy ass game. Great to see Jose thump the stitches off the ball. Love my Sox.

BK59

Comment

Maybe this will get them going? It probably won't, but we can dream.

Comment

Great job by the offense today to put up a cushion for the short-handed pitching staff. Jose is doing that thing he tends to do once or twice a year where he carries the offense by himself for a couple weeks at a time. Others had good games (Pollock, Leury for example), but it’s the power that Jose provided that the offense has really been missing. Nice to see Robert get a couple hits, but his plate approach is so off right now, flailing at every first pitch slider that is a foot outside of the zone. He can get by on pure talent, but he’s not going to be a consistent hitter until he cleans that up.

Excellent job by Banks and Graveman stepping up to pitch for a second straight day, especially Banks who went nearly 40 pitches yesterday and pitched a clean inning. Sousa is still not pitching well, it scares the hell out of me whenever he’s in the game with runners on base. La Russa keeps turning to him to face lefties, but lefties are hitting .371/.439/.543 off of him. He was lucky to escape the 7th with a lead, and lucky to go unscathed in the 8th after giving up 3 straight rockets that were hit right at defenders. 2 of them probably would have been HRs in most other parks in the league. Maybe in 24 out of 30, if I had to guess.

Anyway, it’s about time a little luck went the Sox way. But Hahn needs to pull a trade for a LH reliever sooner than later.

Comment

Wow, Detroit pitching is gawd-awful.

Comment

The Sox have scored 41 runs in the last 5 games. They are 2-3 in those games. I think it's safe to say the offense is heating up. Unfortunately, while the offense has been heating up the pitching has been bad.

Comment

Originally posted by soxfanatlanta View Post
                      Wow, Detroit pitching is gawd-awful.
                      I believe every pitcher who started the season in Detroit's rotation is now injured.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Really bad squall line knocked out power to the whole town most of the night . just got internet back, and really happy to see that Abreu is back, and that the offense is continuing to produce . hope the pitching can stabilize.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                          Really bad squall line knocked out power to the whole town most of the night . just got internet back, and really happy to see that Abreu is back, and that the offense is continuing to produce . hope the pitching can stabilize.
                          I keep reading that Jose Abreu is "back" and that he is finally coming out of his slump. The guy has hit .344/.459/.622 over the past month. He's been for "back" awhile.

Comment

What were they arguing about . all i could find is that it's about a defensive shift that Lynn didn't like..

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post

What were they arguing about . all i could find is that it's about a defensive shift that Lynn didn't like..
                              That's what the lip-readers out there are saying. There was a grounder in the previous inning right to where the 2B usually should be, but he was shifted over towards 2B and it went through for a hit. Obviously with both Lynn's and TLR's answers to the question to the media, they're basically saying it's none of our business, it's an internal thing. Which is fine.

FWIW, I have no problem that the Sox seem to be shifting more this year, and in fact it worked a couple times later in the game. That's what you hope for, that it helps more often than it hurts. Ozzie had a comment post-game that the shifting decision shouldn't just be based on the hitter - it should be based on the pitcher as well. Certain guys are easier to go opposite way against, for a variety of reasons (velocity, tendency to pitch inside vs. away, type of pitch, etc.). That's definitely true, but I have no idea whether McEwing (and the analytics team) take the pitcher into account (and neither does Ozzie). I would hope they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X