Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 6/12 Bad Luck, Bad Pitching, Bad Decision-Making, Bad Everything Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 6/12 Bad Luck, Bad Pitching, Bad Decision-Making, Bad Everything Postgamer

    I have nothing to say at this point. We suck so much.

  • #2
    TLR said Kopech felt a pop in the knee, but they don’t think it’s serious and he could pitch next Sunday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrX View Post
      TLR said Kopech felt a pop in the knee, but they don’t think it’s serious and he could pitch next Sunday.
      Well, thank heaven for small favors..

      Comment


      • #4
        Depressing that the Angels lost 14 in a row and still have a better record than us. Clown organization at this point. We are a laughingstock.

        Comment


        • #5
          What’s up with Hendriks? I heard Larussa say he wasn’t available for a couple days. Is that due to injury or what?

          Comment


          • #6
            I read yesterday that with Kopech's injury, the Sox now lead the league in lower body injuries this season. They led the league last season as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MrX View Post
              I read yesterday that with Kopech's injury, the Sox now lead the league in lower body injuries this season. They led the league last season as well.
              In a game that has you and needs you to use your lower extremities for motion and endurance, that is a telling statistic. What’s going on below the waist in this organization in terms of strength and conditioning?

              BK59

              Comment


              • #8
                I've gotta say it was impressive to see the team fight under very strange circumstances. Lopez, Cueto, and Banks all stepped up out of their normal comfort zones and got the job done. The 11th inning comeback was a nice surprise to make it interesting, but ultimately all it did was burn another pitcher for a couple days (Foster).

                The big question is what the **** is going on with this bullpen. Going into this series, they didn't even seem like they had been extended that much. There was an off day last Monday, and pretty normal-length starts. Bummer and Hendriks were barely used over the past week. With Bummer we eventually found out why - and it looks like Hendriks is dealing with something similar. They're trying to avoid an IL stint with Hendriks, hopefully that doesn't happen and he's ready to go today but who knows at this point. Either way, they're desperate for reinforcements. Someone needs to hit the IL get sent down for 10 days just to bring up a healthy arm. But looking at the 40 man, options are really limited. The only pitchers who aren't hurt right now are Martin, Severino, Parker Merkel (the guy they brought in last week), and AA pitchers Bilous and Aybar. Davis Martin should be right back on a plane to Detroit.

                La Russa is getting the heat for his bullpen management, bringing in guys like Sousa, Lambert, Banks, etc. in high-leverage situations. The thing is, other than Sousa those moves have really worked out, and guys have stepped up. It's when he has had to turn to the regular options like Foster and Ruiz, who he was clearly trying to avoid (likely based on info from the trainers), where things have gone off the rails. I'm not happy with the job La Russa has done this year, but I'm not sure what he's supposed to do in this situation. If anything you can say that he should have recognized this situation was a risk and should have forced Hahn to bring in reinforcements, but it was basically a worst-case scenario for a short-handed bullpen with Giolito struggling through a short outing and Kopech leaving early. Hopefully over the next couple days the starters can bring some normalcy back and guys can get healthy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                  I've gotta say it was impressive to see the team fight under very strange circumstances. Lopez, Cueto, and Banks all stepped up out of their normal comfort zones and got the job done. The 11th inning comeback was a nice surprise to make it interesting, but ultimately all it did was burn another pitcher for a couple days (Foster).

                  The big question is what the **** is going on with this bullpen. Going into this series, they didn't even seem like they had been extended that much. There was an off day last Monday, and pretty normal-length starts. Bummer and Hendriks were barely used over the past week. With Bummer we eventually found out why - and it looks like Hendriks is dealing with something similar. They're trying to avoid an IL stint with Hendriks, hopefully that doesn't happen and he's ready to go today but who knows at this point. Either way, they're desperate for reinforcements. Someone needs to hit the IL get sent down for 10 days just to bring up a healthy arm. But looking at the 40 man, options are really limited. The only pitchers who aren't hurt right now are Martin, Severino, Parker Merkel (the guy they brought in last week), and AA pitchers Bilous and Aybar. Davis Martin should be right back on a plane to Detroit.

                  La Russa is getting the heat for his bullpen management, bringing in guys like Sousa, Lambert, Banks, etc. in high-leverage situations. The thing is, other than Sousa those moves have really worked out, and guys have stepped up. It's when he has had to turn to the regular options like Foster and Ruiz, who he was clearly trying to avoid (likely based on info from the trainers), where things have gone off the rails. I'm not happy with the job La Russa has done this year, but I'm not sure what he's supposed to do in this situation. If anything you can say that he should have recognized this situation was a risk and should have forced Hahn to bring in reinforcements, but it was basically a worst-case scenario for a short-handed bullpen with Giolito struggling through a short outing and Kopech leaving early. Hopefully over the next couple days the starters can bring some normalcy back and guys can get healthy.
                  Good post. The bullpen health issue was exacerbated by Kopech leaving in the first inning, Giolito unable to get past 5 and Cease not even getting to 5. Your starters (I'm looking at you, Lucas and Dylan) need to go six innings. Hopefully Kelly is close to returning. Sousa is bad and Foster (who has been dependable this season) had a brutal weekend.

                  2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X