Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is to blame for the current state of the White Sox? (only choose one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is to blame for the current state of the White Sox? (only choose one!)

Tony LaRussa- regardless of injuries, this team should be in 1st place
    3.03%
    Rick Hahn- he's come up short with holes in the roster
    12.12%
    Jerry Reinsdorf- the return of TLR & skimping on the payroll has torpedoed the rebuild
    60.61%
    The Players- they have underperformed, the accountability rests with them
    15.15%
    None of the Above- injuries are the source of the problem
    9.09%
    #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

None of the above. I believe it's 90% injury driven.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

While there's plenty of blame to go around- I voted for Hahn. We're right in the heart of the rebuild- and we have significant gaps in the roster- no credible 2nd baseman, no LH starting pitcher, no LH hitting outfielder, mediocre defense across the roster, and one of the lowest ranked farm systems providing little help.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
        Added that as an option-

Comment

All of the above. All of these things are true, including the injuries.

Comment

I voted for JR. He's the top boss who interjects himself into the team's makeup. My vote may be different if Reinsdorf had let Hahn have complete authority over the team. But he doesn't. We don't know how the inner workings of the team leadership functions, but we have hints. Reinsdorf selects the manager; one that was obviously not shared by Hahn. Hahn has mentioned on several occasions that he, KW and JR discuss team decisions. You could guess who has the final say in those decisions. The way it should work is JR sets the budget and that's it. Then KW and RH are completely accountable for the team's performance.

Comment

It’s the never ending story of the chairman placing his nose where it doesn’t belong and hiring people he is able to control. This is the same issue that has kept this organization down since he bought it.

Comment

I hate to go here again but since it was brought up, every team now a day has injuries, its
                not the injuries that matter, it’s a organization that had not drafted well, weened their players well and unwilling to make the right moves to make sure they have depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                  It’s the never ending story of the chairman placing his nose where it doesn’t belong and hiring people he is able to control. This is the same issue that has kept this organization down since he bought it.
                  Major point here. He is a clone of Alice Kravitz, always sticking his proboscis thru the drapes and wanting to interject and project his machinations in the minutiae Nunyo’s in the organization. If he had a track record of success I’d defer to the overbearance, but when he’s hitting around the Mendoza line it reeks of pomposity.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

Major point here. He is a clone of Alice Kravitz, always sticking his proboscis thru the drapes and wanting to interject and project his machinations in the minutiae Nunyo’s in the organization. If he had a track record of success I’d defer to the overbearance, but when he’s hitting around the Mendoza line it reeks of pomposity.

BK59
                    Too bad there isn’t an Endora to take care of business

Comment

It's Jerry. We've seen it time and time again with him making personnel decisions based on his personal feelings more than capability (Ozzie, Robin, Tony, Paxson) and stubbornly sticking with guys who should be fired to spare feelings (KW, Cooper, Paxson). And then there's the matter of promoting KW and Paxson instead of firing them when outcry gets too loud, undermining their replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

Too bad there isn’t an Endora to take care of business
                        I’m not going to go there. I don’t think I need a few days off and not be able to spew profundity.

BK59

Comment

The JR option seems to put part of the blame on TLR. I mean you can't say the problem is JR picked TLR and then not blame TLR for what is going on. If TLR was the wrong choice then he's part of the problem.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

The JR option seems to put part of the blame on TLR. I mean you can't say the problem is JR picked TLR and then not blame TLR for what is going on. If TLR was the wrong choice then he's part of the problem.
                            To me though a lot of this dysfunction starts with JR, the only reason Tony is manager is because he's Jerry's buddy. I'm not sure if Jerry lets Hahn spend on anything other than the bullpen, even if that is a Hahn feature rather than a Jerry bug, it's Jerry's fault for continuing to keep Hahn employed. I think a lot of the Sox problems could be solved with a new owner though I acknowledge that could easily create a whole new set of problems.

Comment

Because the Sox are the only team with injuries this year

Comment

Working...
                              X