Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Scoreboard Watching Yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are We Scoreboard Watching Yet?

    Minnesota playing Cleveland through Wednesday. If we can take two from the Pirates we will make up ground on at least one of them. Last night Minnesota won so now we are tied with Cleveland for second. Twinkie series next week looming large..
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...




  • #2
    Also, the Sox are in 7th in the AL and lead Baltimore (the current 9th place team) by 2.5.

    They also trail both Minnesota and Oakland by 2.5 for the best record in the AL.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



    Comment


    • #3
      Not yet. We're just reaching the midway point of the season. Give me another week or two, and I'm sure I will by then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
        Not yet. We're just reaching the midway point of the season. Give me another week or two, and I'm sure I will by then.
        I get it but if the Sox were 2.5 games up on a playoff spot with 30 games to play in a full season we'd all be climbing the walls.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



        Comment


        • #5
          Am now.

          Comment


          • #6
            1.5 back 30 to play...

            Picked up a game on both Baltimore and Toronto too. 3.5 lead on the #9 team.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              1.5 back 30 to play...

              Picked up a game on both Baltimore and Toronto too. 3.5 lead on the #9 team.
              They're closer to the #1 spot in the league than #9

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess the teams to look out for are Baltimore and Toronto. Unless the Rangers and/or Angels get on a really hot streak soon, it's pretty much guaranteed that two out of CWS/TOR/BAL are going to the playoffs.

                Fangraphs has White Sox at 97.7% chance of making the playoffs.
                Last edited by HomeFish; 08-25-2020, 10:31 PM.
                "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                -- Thucydides

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is there any real difference in seeding other than who you play ? Or did they do something else with the playoff format? It would be nice to win the Central just for the sake of winning the Central.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                    Is there any real difference in seeding other than who you play ? Or did they do something else with the playoff format? It would be nice to win the Central just for the sake of winning the Central.
                    First round is all played at the higher seed's park I think, so if Sox won the division the team would be coming to us. If we finish 7th we'd be traveling to the #2 seed to play three games.

                    I think that' how it's done, I may be wrong.
                    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                      Is there any real difference in seeding other than who you play ? Or did they do something else with the playoff format? It would be nice to win the Central just for the sake of winning the Central.
                      If we don't win the division or the 2nd seed in the division, we're going to for sure be the 7th seed (I don't see us dropping to the eighth seed). That would mean a five game series with the two seed. Right now that's a tie for the Twins and the Rays. What I'd worry about more is a short series with the Yankees, because of 2 games against Gerrit Cole. So if we're not going to win the division, we need to at least avoid that. If you've got to face Cole twice, make it a 7 game series and give yourself a chance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

                        First round is all played at the higher seed's park I think, so if Sox won the division the team would be coming to us. If we finish 7th we'd be traveling to the #2 seed to play three games.

                        I think that' how it's done, I may be wrong.
                        https://calltothepen.com/2020/07/27/...eeded%204%2D6.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Crap...it's a best of three! That's horrible.

                          Does this mean the second round is a best of five or seven?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vegandork View Post

                            If we don't win the division or the 2nd seed in the division, we're going to for sure be the 7th seed (I don't see us dropping to the eighth seed). That would mean a five game series with the two seed. Right now that's a tie for the Twins and the Rays. What I'd worry about more is a short series with the Yankees, because of 2 games against Gerrit Cole. So if we're not going to win the division, we need to at least avoid that. If you've got to face Cole twice, make it a 7 game series and give yourself a chance.
                            First round will be a 3-game series on 3 consecutive days, so they wouldn't have to face any starter twice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cleveland won. Sox are tied with them and 0.5 games out of first with 29 to play. 3 up on Toronto for 8th and 4.5 up on the Orioles for 9th.

                              Edit: Sox also passed the Yankees and have the biggest run differential in the AL.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X