Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 6/8 Offense Back to Normal Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 6/8 Offense Back to Normal Postgamer

    This team kills momentum like an experienced hunter kills wildlife.

  • #2
    Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    This team kills momentum like an experienced hunter kills wildlife.
    Ain't that the truth.
    We face another tough pitcher in today's game, could be deja vu all over again.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good teams have good pitchers. Good teams beat good teams with good pitchers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cueto has given the Sox a chance to win in all but one of his starts.

        2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
        Posts on old WSI: 7344

        Comment


        • #5
          I lay this loss right at the feet of TLR (and Reinsdorf for hiring and keeping him). Tony must get that left-handed batter match, so we have 3 guys in the first 5 hitting positions who are batting well below .200. Meanwhile, our two hottest hitters are either not playing (Vaughn) or batting 9th (Mendick). And let's not ignore that Burger (another hot hitter) is batting in the number 6 spot. I'm not a baseball hall-of-fame genius manager, but I would bunch my best hitters towards the top of the order. But that's just me.

          Comment


          • #6
            The boo birds were out in force for Leury Garcia after his final at bat last night. At least he took some accountability for his performance after the game, according to the latest from The Athletic.

            https://theathletic.com/3356538/2022...-leury-garcia/

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, it is inexplicable that Vaughn would sit.

              Even though he had a hit last night (and I’ve been a big proponent of his because of his LH power bat), Sheets needs to go to Charlotte to get his swing back.

              Moncada’s and Grandal’s injury recovery-related struggles are really hurting the team. It’s not their fault for being hurt, but rather their injuries exacerbate the Sox predilection for getting shut down by good RH pitching.

              Longer term the construction of this team needs to be reconfigured, and it may mean one or more of the talented RH hitters have to go in order to make room for quality LH hitters who can reliably punish RH pitching while also - and just as importantly - being able to field important defensive positions competently.

              Comment


              • #8
                Garcia - bench utility player who's playing more than he should
                Moncada - try to trade but he has little value due to his play the last 2 1/2 years
                Grandal - DFA - eat the horrible contract
                Sheets - Minors but he's 26 years old....time is running out on him
                Harrison - DFA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dodgers announcers were ripping LaRussa over his lineup. It’s bad when it’s so obvious the other team has to talk about it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Irishsox1 View Post
                    Moncada - try to trade but he has little value due to his play the last 2 1/2 years
                    This statement is completely ahistorical.

                    Moncada was a 4 WAR player in 2021, which is only slightly below Robin Ventura’s 4.4 career 162-game average WAR.

                    Joe Crede had one season with a WAR greater than 4.

                    Pete Ward had only two seasons with a WAR greater than 4.

                    Bill Melton had one season with a WAR greater than 4.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

                      This statement is completely ahistorical.

                      Moncada was a 4 WAR player in 2021, which is only slightly below Robin Ventura’s 4.4 career 162-game average WAR.

                      Joe Crede had one season with a WAR greater than 4.

                      Pete Ward had only two seasons with a WAR greater than 4.

                      Bill Melton had one season with a WAR greater than 4.
                      Moncada is not hitting at the present time. It doesn't matter what his historical performance has been. All that counts as to his value is how he's currently performing and his future projection. Regardless, he plays a solid defensive 3B and he has no trade value IMO,; therefore, he will be in the lineup. I would bat him low in the order (never in the third spot like Tony did). Also, Moncada's playing can't prevent Burger from his chance at proving himself.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        For everyone ready to run Yoan Moncada out of town and turn over third base to Jake Burger full time, I have two words for you:

                        Yermin Mercedes

                        Yes, Burger's on a hot streak, but let's see if he can keep it up for more than 3 weeks before dumping a 27 year old who was the best position player not named Tim Anderson on the team last year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
                          For everyone ready to run Yoan Moncada out of town and turn over third base to Jake Burger full time, I have two words for you:

                          Yermin Mercedes

                          Yes, Burger's on a hot streak, but let's see if he can keep it up for more than 3 weeks before dumping a 27 year old who was the best position player not named Tim Anderson on the team last year.
                          In 2021, Robert, Grandall, Abreu and of course TA all had an OPS better than Moncada.
                          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                            In 2021, Robert, Grandall, Abreu and of course TA all had an OPS better than Moncada.
                            In 2021, Moncada has fewer plate appearances than Reese McGuire. Yes. he's been struggling. But pretending like he's been out there sucking from day one like Grandal is just patently false. He's played less than 3 weeks worth of games.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                              Dodgers announcers were ripping LaRussa over his lineup. It’s bad when it’s so obvious the other team has to talk about it
                              Yea, they seemed genuinely confused by LaRussa's move to play a terribly struggling hitter at the top of the order . just like many here, and in other places have been saying . Tony LaRussa is a ****ing joke of a manger!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X