Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/29/22 Burger Delivery SOX 5 CUBS 4 Postgamer

What a relief.

Yeah, it's my birthday. They regularly win on my birthday. Why should today be different.

Way too tense, but man that was worth the wait!

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Very frustrating game, but happy with the win.

Comment

Back to .500, and off to Toronto.

Comment

Weird to vacate CF after Burger drilled a couple that way, but in the end it's moot.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

burger comes thru .... again. he's my regular 3rd baseman. moncada is expendable.

Comment

I'll give them this, they never gave up.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Worth it just to shut up the Cub fans. That dink who kept saying "strikeout" on the field mike can have a nice trip back to Barrington.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                  I'll give them this, they never gave up.
                  They didn't, but I sure did. Left the ballpark in the top of the 10th about as frustrated as I've ever been with this team and its manager.

Letting McGuire and Harrison bat with the bases loaded and one out in the 6th was downright criminal. I can only imagine what goes through Rick Hahn's mind when the manager that was forced upon him falls asleep on the job.

I'm glad Burger was able to redeem himself after his earlier error gave the Cubs a seeming unsurmountable 1-0 lead.

Comment

All that's left is to hope that TA's injury isn't quite as serious as it looked. Otherwise this is going to get really really tough.

Comment

TLR said in a postgame interview that Anderson would be going on the IL. Mendick came up just in time.
                      I'm glad to see them win. It was sketchy for a while, but they pulled it out.

Burger is hitting his way onto the team. Everybody makes errors now and then, but his hitting has taken off. Maybe he should get more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                        TLR said in a postgame interview that Anderson would be going on the IL. Mendick came up just in time.
                        I'm glad to see them win. It was sketchy for a while, but they pulled it out.

Burger is hitting his way onto the team. Everybody makes errors now and then, but his hitting has taken off. Maybe he should get more playing time.
                        It would have to be at 3rd and that means Moncada goes back to 2nd, doesn't bother me as for all I care they can send Moncada packing like yesterday and bring up Sanchez to play 2nd. Saw a stat today that Moncada is 2 for 48 lifetime in the 9th inning with RISP.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by little nell View Post

it would have to be at 3rd and that means moncada goes back to 2nd, doesn't bother me as for all i care they can send moncada packing like yesterday and bring up sanchez to play 2nd. Saw a stat today that moncada is 2 for 48 lifetime in the 9th inning with risp.
                          wow! knew he was bad but i didn't imagine he was that bad.
                          Last edited by priznr; 05-29-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burger_Time_chase_by_Ironmonkeydan.png
Views:	198
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	63977

!!!

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              Weird to vacate CF after Burger drilled a couple that way, but in the end it's moot.
                              When Effross was pitching, I was texting my friends asking if this guy's name is what Cub fans who don't like their Manager say.......

Comment

Working...
                              X