• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 5/28 Cubs Turn Sox Blue Postgamer

This whole season sucks.

Back under .500.

Comment

The Sox suck. They can't even beat the Cubs and it was not even a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
        Back under .500.
        PATHETIC….Our Paper tigers have no bite.

Comment

As if this night could get worse...Eloy injured himself in his first at-bat in Charlotte.

Comment

Man, Eloy and Moncada seem to be made of porcelain. I don't think either of them has had a season without injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
              Man, Eloy and Moncada seem to be made of porcelain. I don't think either of them has had a season without injuries.
              Nor Robert.

Comment

Starting to feel like the 1984 White Sox.
                #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

They're hard to watch most days. We actually watched something on Netflix after the first couple of innings, and came back to the game when we were done with that.
                  Last Sunday they swept the team with the best record in MLB. Then they dropped off the cliff again. It's hard to figure.

Chicago sports teams are the reason I never got into sports betting. 😄

Comment

I don't think so good these days, but is there any chance that the Sox could maybe try to get someone like Andrew Benintendi at the trade deadline . i have absolutely no confidence that Pollock is going to be the answer we seek, and i have no idea who they could trade, but it seems that something drastic has to take place here.

Also, at some point the players should have a team meeting and just decide to totally ignore Tony LaRussa, as it really seems as if the game has passed him by.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                      I don't think so good these days, but is there any chance that the Sox could maybe try to get someone like Andrew Benintendi at the trade deadline . i have absolutely no confidence that Pollock is going to be the answer we seek, and i have no idea who they could trade, but it seems that something drastic has to take place here.

Also, at some point the players should have a team meeting and just decide to totally ignore Tony LaRussa, as it really seems as if the game has passed him by.
                      They could ignore them all they want but he still makes out the lineup and makes the pitching and lineup changes during the game.

We don't know this for a fact but If they are really having a problem with him which could become mutinous, they need to speak to JR ASAP. A bunch of them also have to look at themselves in the mirror, something is not right with their approch in the batters box, these guys have hit in the past and just could not have lost their skills in such a short time.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Unless Moncada and Grandal return to form, I don't think this team will make the playoffs. Things will improve when Robert and Eloy get back, but the lack of production out of Moncada and Grandal is hard to overcome. So is batting Josh Harrison second.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 2-4
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 302-257
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

We've been a .500 team since the middle of 2021, we're near the bottom of the American League in team ERA, team OPS, and team fielding percentage and we're 25th in MLB in scoring differential (just ahead of Cincinnati).

We may be facing a reality that the veterans are aging quickly (first Keuchel, now Harrison, Abreu and Grandal) and that some of the young guys like Moncada and Eloy- are both injury prone/fragile and not as productive as expected when healthy.

We don't have a quality LH starting pitcher or a quality LH hitting outfielder- two gaps that were not addressed by Hahn in the offseason.

No meaningful help available in the farm system- that's on Hahn/Williams/Getz as well.
                          #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                            We've been a .500 team since the middle of 2021, we're near the bottom of the American League in team ERA, team OPS, and team fielding percentage and we're 25th in MLB in scoring differential (just ahead of Cincinnati).

We may be facing a reality that the veterans are aging quickly (first Keuchel, now Harrison, Abreu and Grandal) and that some of the young guys like Moncada and Eloy- are both injury prone/fragile and not as productive as expected when healthy.

We don't have a quality LH starting pitcher or a quality LH hitting outfielder- two gaps that were not addressed by Hahn in the offseason.

No meaningful help available in the farm system- that's on Hahn/Williams/Getz as well.
                            This can turn ugly pretty quick, they just might have to do some kind of re-tool, not a rebuild. The problem is who can you trade, you want to keep TA and Robert but who is going to take Abreu, Moncada, Eloy and Grandall off our hands, 2 can't stay healthy and the other 2 are getting long in the tooth.
                            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-29-2022, 11:00 AM.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post

Hey, I’m tossing my .02 in here as well. Sure, TLR is as old as Methuselah and has had his share of Senior moments, but he doesn’t throw the ball, catch the ball, or swing the bat. For a team slated to put it all together this season they sure have had their share of Little League moments on the field, and as alluded to in previous posts are ****ing hard to watch at times. Never seen bats so cold, poor plate presence, and total lack of situational hitting.

Hey, I get the injury thing,but when that **** happens, adapt to the situation. If ya can’t bop, spray the ball and manufacturer runs any ****ing way you can. Everybody swinging for fences looking like a T-Baller closing his eyes before misses the Tee by a foot. Pathetic.

Going into this season I surmised if this team was going to go anywhere they would do it by out mashing the opponent. Since that’s gone by the wayside,it’s clear they are what they are. A .500 team cursed with mercurial results.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X