*OFFICIAL* 5/22/22 DH Game 2 Shutout Sweep SOX 5 NYY 0 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/22/22 DH Game 2 Shutout Sweep SOX 5 NYY 0 Postgamer

Kopech had retired 30 straight Yankees at one point.

TA’s big blast breaks it open.

The Sox also are playing better defense now.

Baseball is fun....winning is fun....Giving up 1 run in 18 innings when winning 2 is fun.

Comment

How special is Tim Anderson. When was the last time the Sox had a guy who showed up this reliably in big situations? The stats don't normally love Tim too much but right now Tim Anderson leads the White Sox in wRC+, WAR, HR, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB. Top 10 in the AL a bunch of those stats too. Fast guy stats, slow guy stats, he's leading them all.

But this means nothing if they don't clean up at home against Boston and the Cubs.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

We just swept a double header from the best team in baseball, in their home stadium.

We are back over .500.

We have 3 off days in the next 8 days.

Comment

Silencing the mouthy faction of the mighty Yankees fan base. Ah, I love it.

Comment

Never thought that we would sweep today . Kopech was masterful, shutting down the best offense in the league, and i feel is the ace of the staff now . the offense staggering through several innings of run production dysfunction, to TA's "shove it New York" home run . sweeping the Yankees heals a lot of what ails you.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
              Silencing the mouthy faction of the mighty Yankees fan base. Ah, I love it.
              Yup, a lot of superglued lips in the Bronx and in all the closets around the country full of Yankme fans. Enjoy a frosty Falstaff!!

Comment

I love how we won and played, even in the game we lost. The frustrating thing is we KNOW this is how they can play and should be playing a LOT more often....NEED TO CARRY MOMEMENTUM and go take care of the Twins...

Comment

What an incredible day of starting pitching we just witnessed, between Cueto and Kopech, against one of the best offenses in the league. The lineup is still awful at situational hitting and driving in runs, but at least they were able to scratch enough runs together to take the series. TA getting his payback against this team and their **** fanbase was the cherry on top. Such a different feeling to go into an off day on a high note than coming off a loss.

I think a 5-run victory is the biggest the Sox have had since he opening series. I can't remember the last time the Sox won a game without Hendriks pitching. All in all, an extremely cathartic day.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                    Never thought that we would sweep today . Kopech was masterful, shutting down the best offense in the league, and i feel is the ace of the staff now . the offense staggering through several innings of run production dysfunction, to TA's "shove it New York" home run . sweeping the Yankees heals a lot of what ails you.
                    Well, he only has the second highest ERA of the Sox starters who pitched today.

Comment

Over .500 never drop below again this year

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                        Over .500 never drop below again this year
                        I second that motion distinguished colleague. Enough of this 2 steps forward, 3 steps back crap.

Comment

Sox had something like 10 or 12 baserunners in the first 7 innings without scoring a run. Is that a good sign for the offense moving forward that they we’re getting so many opportunities, or a bad sign that they weren’t converting?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                            Sox had something like 10 or 12 baserunners in the first 7 innings without scoring a run. Is that a good sign for the offense moving forward that they we’re getting so many opportunities, or a bad sign that they weren’t converting?
                            Yankees have 5 SP with an ERA 3.35 or lower. Sox offense may or may not live up to the potential we expected but Hard to judge when they are facing such excellent starting pitching. It's good we are getting more baserunners. Hopefully some hits will start falling during scoring chances.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

That was just a fun ****ing day of baseball. When TA's blast cleared the wall I let out a very loud "**** YES!" which may or may not be a good idea since we recently moved into a courtyard building and the windows were wide open . Ah well neighbors are just going to have to live with the fact I'm a sports fan...

Vaughn at the plate with the Sox needing a single or better to score is starting to feel like a great opportunity. He's really coming along nicely. McGuire following up with a single to plate another run and hand the game to TA was more like stealing. And of course then TA was the whole sundae, the cherry, the whip cream and the nuts.

This may be the day we look back at and say, "that's the day Michael Kopech arrived." He clearly had something to prove after the last time he faced NY with his meltdown inning. Throw in an extra heaping helping of "gonna defend my team, my guys" emotion and the Yankees were freaking helpless. What a performance and nice to see Foster and Lopez safely navigate the final two innings with a nice fat cushion to sit on.

This is the team we wanted, we just need to get some more offense going and I think it's on the way.

By the end of June the Sox will be done with NYY, TOR, TB, LAD, LAA and half done with Houston. Second half is a whole lot easier on paper.

That was cathartic...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X