*OFFICIAL* 5/17/22 Surviving the 7th SOX 3 KC 0 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/17/22 Surviving the 7th SOX 3 KC 0 Postgamer

I don’t think a fan base has ever been as apathetic about shutting out an opponent on the road as we are today.

Lets go win the nightcap.

Like Al Davis said, 'Just win, baby'..

Comment

It’s good to beat the teams you’re supposed to beat. I think Kelly will eventually settle in, but right now every appearance is a high wire act. Glad he was able to get through it.

Really nice to see Pito coming around. That 2B was probably his biggest hit of the season so far. Hopefully Martin can give the team a few good innings and the Sox can sweep the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        I don’t think a fan base has ever been as apathetic about shutting out an opponent on the road as we are today.
        If Kelly lets those three runs score we would have three pages of content at least, expounding on how the game has bypassed TLR.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
          It’s good to beat the teams you’re supposed to beat. I think Kelly will eventually settle in, but right now every appearance is a high wire act. Glad he was able to get through it.
          Kelly has filthy stuff. Once he dials in that command, he's going to have more peaceful innings. Interesting note in the Sun Times from Kelly saying he feels he is getting close and that he normally likes to get about 8 outings in Spring Training before feeling like he is fully dialed in. He only had 3 rehab outings in Charlotte so he's not quite to 8 total appearances yet. I do think it might have been beneficial for TLR to ease him into high leverage but alas, our offense hasn't really provided many low leverage opportunities. Really glad Kelly was able to bail himself out of his own jam and the Sox nailed down the win. So far so good on this road trip.

Comment

2 in row, hoping we can take at least 4 in the series but it sure would be nice to have blow out once in awhile.
            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Really nice to see Pito coming around. That 2B was probably his biggest hit of the season so far. Hopefully Martin can give the team a few good innings and the Sox can sweep the day.
              Given that Kelly had not pitched since the post season last year due to injury, he is probably still getting the rust out.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                2 in row, hoping we can take at least 4 in the series but it sure would be nice to have blow out once in awhile.
                They seem to get stuck on 3 runs. Encouraging to see Abreu and Pollock with productive ABs in this series though. Grandal also with a bomb yesterday. Hopefully, these guys are starting to come around. I'm not happy to see TA on the bench for Game 2 though. He is 6 for 9 in his career off Brady Singer while Abreu is 1 for 12. I feel like TA should be the DH tonight instead.

EDIT: Luis Robert is DH instead of Abreu tonight. That's better than Abreu and his 1 for 12 off Singer.
                Last edited by Foulke You; 05-17-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulke You View Post

They seem to get stuck on 3 runs. Encouraging to see Abreu and Pollock with productive ABs in this series though. Grandal also with a bomb yesterday. Hopefully, these guys are starting to come around. I'm not happy to see TA on the bench for Game 2 though. He is 6 for 9 in his career off Brady Singer while Abreu is 1 for 12. I feel like TA should be the DH tonight instead.
                  The White Sox have scored exactly 3 runs 11 different times this year, in 35 games. That's insane. Even more insane, they're 9-2 in those games.

Comment

The White Sox have scored exactly 3 runs 11 different times this year, in 35 games. That's insane. Even more insane, they're 9-2 in those games.
                    Amazing. That's a tribute to our starting pitching and bullpen this year despite all the injuries. It's way past due for the bats to give them an easy day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X