• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* Disgusting Waste NY 5 SOX 1 Postgamer

Not much to say here.

Go pound on Kansas City.

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Go pound on Kansas City.
    The way our guys are hitting, don't hold your breath.

Why sit Moncada, he should be well rested with his stint on the IL.
    If anyone needs a rest, it's Abreu.

Can we ditch those ugly 83 uniforms once and for all, enough of them already.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-15-2022, 03:16 PM.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

As I wrote in the game thread, it’s not the fact that Gallo homered against the Sox.

It’s that Gallo was available last July, and we needed a LH hitting OF who played good defense and got on base. Some of us at the time said we wanted Gallo. But the Yankees got him for a package in which the headliner was their #14 prospect.

Instead, we gave up Madrigal to get Kimbrel, and now we have Pollock instead of Gallo in RF.

Theres an alternate universe where we still have Madrigal at 2B, Gallo in RF, and the payroll flexibility to have offered Rodon the qualifying offer.

Comment

Just a classic case of finding new ways to lose.

Comment

I try, but I can't find anything about this team to get excited about.

Comment

Nice to lose momentum not even 24 hours after gaining it.

Comment

Theres an alternate universe where we still have Madrigal at 2B, Gallo in RF, and the payroll flexibility to have offered Rodon the qualifying offer.
              That universe would require basic energy and competence.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                Nice to lose momentum not even 24 hours after gaining it.
                I get your point, but I don't see "one in a row" as momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                  Just a classic case of finding new ways to lose.
                  Spoken like a true weathered Sox fan.

Comment

This team keeps finding ways to lose. Kopech pitched well, again. But his second inning meltdown - fours walks and a wild pitch - cost the Sox a victory. Our bats continue to fail. Three hits on the day. The Sox pitching staff gives up two hits and still manages to lose by a 5-1 score.

Good teams find a way to win. This team seems to find a new way to lose every game.

On to KC after dropping three of four to arguably the best team in baseball. Our team OBP is terrible. We struggle to create runs. When we put 7 on the board the opposition drops 15 on us.

Hopefully better days are on the horizon. It's painful to watch the Sox play right now.
                    Last edited by fungo bat; 05-15-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

The way our guys are hitting, don't hold your breath.

Why sit Moncada, he should be well rested with his stint on the IL.
                      If anyone needs a rest, it's Abreu.

Can we ditch those ugly 83 uniforms once and for all, enough of them already.
                      "Abreu heats up when the weather does" loses a little credibility when he's 0 for 20 during a record heat wave. He may soon be an HR problem with other options available at his position. He's killing the team.
                      Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

"Abreu heats up when the weather does" loses a little credibility when he's 0 for 20 during a record heat wave. He may soon be an HR problem with other options available at his position. He's killing the team.
                        Jose may be showing the signs of age. I don't know but may be it is time to sit him and let the future take over. That is, give Vaughn games at 1B.

Comment

My summary of the Sox to this point is we have a good team but not a championship quality team. We have defensive issues (as we did last year), we surprisingly have issues with the offense, I question our managerial leadership, but on the plus side, our pitching has been better than I anticipated after not replacing Rodon and the Lynn's absence. But I don't expect an ALCS championship this season unless some things improve dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Jose may be showing the signs of age. I don't know but may be it is time to sit him and let the future take over. That is, give Vaughn games at 1B.
                            I don't know if it's the case with him, but Cuban players have often shaved a couple of years off their age when they defect in order to make themselves more attractive to teams. He might be older than his "official" age.

Comment

As I wrote in the game thread, it’s not the fact that Gallo homered against the Sox.

It’s that Gallo was available last July, and we needed a LH hitting OF who played good defense and got on base. Some of us at the time said we wanted Gallo. But the Yankees got him for a package in which the headliner was their #14 prospect.

Instead, we gave up Madrigal to get Kimbrel, and now we have Pollock instead of Gallo in RF.

The White Sox certainly have problems, but not having Gallo in RF isn't one of them. Even with the HR today, the guy has a whopping 7 RBI on the season, with an anemic .699 OPS to go with it. Yes, Pollock hasn't been great so far either, but I think he will come around.

I agree I would rather have Madrigal than Harrison, but Nick is currently on the IL again and hasn't hit a lick this year (.491 OPS). Not sure how much better the Sox would be with him right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X