*OFFICIAL* 5/14/22 TA Bobblehead Walkoff Winner SOX 3 NY 2 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/14/22 TA Bobblehead Walkoff Winner SOX 3 NY 2 Postgamer

I could use with less bullpen drama but a win is a win. The top 3 of our lineup is pretty dangerous.

Made my best friend's bachelor party for sure.

Comment

TA7 must be the most unpopular guy in the Bronx ever. Boo hoo.

Comment

So perhaps the end is not near . i thought it was a great game actually, and the Twins lost . pitching & defense, except for Kelly . can't keep throwing Liam out there for 2 innings though . i feel like we win today, with Kopech going.

Comment

I felt like we needed to win last night or today, didn't want to get swept by the damn Yankees, with Kopech going today we now have a good chance to get a split in the series.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
            So perhaps the end is not near . i thought it was a great game actually, and the Twins lost . pitching & defense, except for Kelly . can't keep throwing Liam out there for 2 innings though . i feel like we win today, with Kopech going.
            Yanks got a couple of broken bat hits of Kelly. He'll be ok. Graveman and Hendriks are both unlikely unavailable today. It will be interesting to see how TLR and Katz build a back-end of the bullpen today if the game is close. Hopefully Kopech can get the game to the 7th.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 4-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 304-259
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
              It will be interesting to see how TLR and Katz build a back-end of the bullpen today if the game is close. Hopefully Kopech can get the game to the 7th.
              What we really need is for the Sox RH hitters to do what they often do against LHP: score runs in bunches. That means Anderson and Moncada have to get to base, and Robert, Abreu, and Vaughn need to drive them in with extra base hits. The forecast calls for clouds, temperatures in the mid 60s, and a 30% chance of rain at 4 pm., so HRs may not be foregone conclusions. Winds from the north/northwest would favor fly balls hit to right field, so if the game remains close Sheets (likely as a pinch hitter against a RH reliever) might get a good chance to play late inning hero.

Comment

Nice to get a win and glad to see that offense can be shut down with effective pitching. Need the offense to bust out a bit and yes Grandal and Abreu in particular need to start hitting. Robert going to RF last night for the win is a great sign that he may be waking up.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                X