*Official* 5/12 Late Yankee Spanking Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 5/12 Late Yankee Spanking Postgamer

Yeah, that eighth inning went about as badly as it could. The Yankees are stacked this year, and we have a long way to go to correct this mismatch.

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    Yeah, that eighth inning went about as badly as it could. The Yankees are stacked this year, and we have a long way to go to correct this mismatch.
    Eloy and Vaughn level the playing field a lot. I think Tanner Banks coach has turned back into a pumpkin.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	180
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	62890

Comment

We just aren’t at that level. We could be, but we aren’t there.

Comment

Rather lose this way than 2-1., wouldn't you? In case you were wondering, Emmett Kelly was the famous clown, not Joe.
          Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

Bullpen has had 2 late inning implosions this week, that can't continue.
            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              Eloy and Vaughn level the playing field a lot.
              I would like to think this is true. I hope it’s the case. If I’m honest, though, younger Sox hitters like Eloy, Vaughn, and Robert haven’t yet fulfilled their potential. And while Moncada and even Anderson have at times shown us their full realized potential, for whatever reason (Moncada with COVID, minor injuries, and the diminished power in 2021; TA with the defensive miscues) those two haven’t been consistent with playing to their fulfilled potential over the long haul.

And it’s those five position players - Vaughn, Robert, Eloy, Anderson, and Moncada (all
              of whom were consensus Top 20 or higher prospects) - who have to be the stars who can carry the load so that Grandal and Abreu can age into secondary/complimentary pieces.

I’m not going to fret over one loss. But at least to me the loss shows a gulf of talent that the Eloy and Vaughn we’ve seen so far can’t quite bridge.

Of course, if Eloy and Vaughn both come back and hit .280 with 40 HRs each on a regular basis, I’ll happily reassess.
              Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 05-13-2022, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Another thing about the Yankees…

As recently as last year, they saw that even with Judge and Stanton, their lineup was too RH-dominant. They didn’t have enough LH power to dominate RH pitchers. So they traded for Rizzo and Gallo.

If the Sox truly want a lineup that can mash against RHP as well as LHP, they need to incorporate some LH hitters who can mash.

Maybe we’re growing our LH power internally. Maybe Sheets can be part of the solution. Maybe next season Colas can be part of the solution.

But we aren’t there yet.

When our answer to RH pitching is to have Grandal DH and McGuire catch, and have Leury in the lineup (I’ll give him credit for being hot recently), one is forced to realize the vast gulf that separates the Yankees lineup from ours.

Comment

The Sox simply aren't contenders. The Houstons and New Yorks of the world consistently beat our ass.

Comment

How many times do you score 7 and get annihilated? Really were beaten early on by pitch location. Both of Stanton's HR's were in the exact same spot, while the ball that Judge launched into orbit was a just-below-the-belt fastball that Burr had thrown on the previous two pitches. The eighth was its own special disaster.

You can't make these kind of mistakes against a team that is on fire like the Yankees are right now.
                    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

So close to getting out of the 8th unscathed. A couple of those pitches called balls to Gleybar Torres looked to catch the bottom of the zone.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Well, the White Sox are now 0-2 in games where I do the intro video for Sox Math. I will take a self-imposed hiatus until I figure out how to guarantee a better outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
                          Well, the White Sox are now 0-2 in games where I do the intro video for Sox Math. I will take a self-imposed hiatus until I figure out how to guarantee a better outcome.
                          I saw your video yesterday and blurted out to my wife, "Hey, that guy's a regular poster on WSI." She rolled her eyes. Congrats!

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                            So close to getting out of the 8th unscathed. A couple of those pitches called balls to Gleybar Torres looked to catch the bottom of the zone.
                            Yeah and then he gets the grounder and it's perfectly placed where the runner can beat it.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

The Sox just can't play with the big boys ... yet. Cease pitched well, but gave up two long balls to Stanton that cost us four runs early. Moncada's blow put us right back into the game, but Kelly's implosion spelled doom. Still have three games left at home versus the Bombers. Here's to a better outcome tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X