*OFFICIAL* 5/7/22 Tenth Inning Cuban Double Trouble SOX 3 BOS 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/7/22 Tenth Inning Cuban Double Trouble SOX 3 BOS 1 Postgamer

Do the purists still hate the runner on second base to start an extra inning?

Pollock found a way to go 0-5 and yet still be useful by making the last out of the ninth.

Pitching again did its part.

Liam Hendriks is on fire right now.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Left a ton of guys in scoring position throughout the game, but came through when they needed it.

Only given up 7 runs in 5 games. Bullpen has done its job, and another strong start from Cease.

Hopefully the bats warm up with the weather.
      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Adam Engel with the timely hit in the 9th inning, too. Good to see. Hendriks is unreal right now, almost untouchable.

Two weeks ago, they lose 1-0. Much better this way.

Comment

I think we just stole one of those 42. All day long offense couldn't do squat then the 9th they couldn't get the run home to take the lead and then Lopez goes 2nd and 3rd with 1-out and still the team finds a way to claw back to .500. Doubly important because the A's failed to get the tying run home in the 9th inning for the second straight day. Sox remain 3 back.

Great pitching perfomance and Hendriks just picked up his 5th save... THIS WEEK!

Wow I'm a little edgy...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

So good to see that they didn't give up . it's games like this, that make me feel that maybe this year, is their year..

Comment

Back to .500! Let's sweep tomorrow. If our guys start hitting one of these days, we could be dangerous, pitching has been phenomenal.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Plenty of hits today, but until the tenth, no timely hits. What a great comeback! I love beating the Bostons almost as much as beating the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                  Plenty of hits today, but until the tenth, no timely hits. What a great comeback! I love beating the Bostons almost as much as beating the Cubs.
                  2-for-14 w/RISP, left 11 on. Good thing Boston was 1-for-9 and left 10 on.
                  I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                    Do the purists still hate the runner on second base to start an extra inning?
                    Yes.

Comment

I was worried going to extras as it feels like the White Sox have never mastered getting that ghost runner in, but they did more than that and stole one from the Red Sox. Let's hope they keep the streak going and this is the last time they see .500 this season.

Comment

It was good to win today, and thus take the series, since tomorrow’s pitching matchup does not favor the Sox.

Of course, that probably means the offense bursts out but we lose 12-7 or somesuch.

Comment

Reynaldo was ice blooded those last two outs in the ninth.

If the Red Sox let Bogey go for Story, that would be a crime against their fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                            I think we just stole one of those 42. All day long offense couldn't do squat then the 9th they couldn't get the run home to take the lead and then Lopez goes 2nd and 3rd with 1-out and still the team finds a way to claw back to .500. Doubly important because the A's failed to get the tying run home in the 9th inning for the second straight day. Sox remain 3 back.
                            This was shaping up to be a doubly-infuriating day, in which the Twins would win 1-0 and the Sox would lose 1-0. I don't think I could've handled that - so glad they came through when it mattered!
                            My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Nice to finally win one of these extra inning games. It seems like La Russa finally figured out how to strand the ghost runner at second: have Hendriks be your pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X