Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City Connect Uniforms AKA: The FielderJones is Poster of the Month Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Connect Uniforms AKA: The FielderJones is Poster of the Month Thread!

I was hoping to get a TA Southside jersey and was planning to ask the wife to buy it for me for my birthday later this month, but when I search I see they are out of stock everywhere other than a few size smalls on the MLB shopping site.

Anyone got any inside information on if they are going to intentionally keep the supply low or are they expected back in stock alter this year?
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

I was able to find a Yermin Mercedes City Connect jersey on Dicks website this morning. I didn't buy it, but I was able to find it.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

I don’t know if the same manufacturers make the retail jerseys and the player uniforms.

However, it was reported that supply chain issues - compounded by the abbreviated spring training - caused delays in the fabrication of player uniforms.

This is why the Sox, for instance, still haven’t worn the so-called “83” Sunday alternates and why they didn’t wear the black jerseys until recently, and thus why they were wearing the home white pinstripes and road grays only for the first few weeks of the season.

So…supply chain issues, perhaps? But it’s just a guess.
      Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 05-07-2022, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        This is why the Sox, for instance, still haven’t worn the so-called “83” Sunday alternates
        Not all supply chain issues have bad outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
          Not all supply chain issues have bad outcomes.
          Well played.

Actually, I don’t mind the Sox wearing those uniforms - as an alternate in years that end in 3 (2023, 2033, etc.).

The City Connect uniforms are fine, but again, as an occasional alternate. I don’t want to see them become a weekly trope.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Well played.

Actually, I don’t mind the Sox wearing those uniforms - as an alternate in years that end in 3 (2023, 2033, etc.).

The City Connect uniforms are fine, but again, as an occasional alternate. I don’t want to see them become a weekly trope.
            I think you're going to see them every Monday home game. Sox have a Monday promotion going featuring those uniforms.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
              I think you're going to see them every Monday home game. Sox have a Monday promotion going featuring those uniforms.
              Well, that’s not terrible. Mondays are often off days. A quick glance at the schedule shows that, barring make up games, there are only six more Monday home games this season.

Maybe I’m old fashioned in this regard, but I want to see the Sox play in their home pinstripes and road grays. The black jerseys are fine as an alternate, but they shouldn’t wear “alternates” more often than their regular uniforms. And besides, the home pinstripes have been among the best uniforms in all of MLB since they were first introduced in 1991 (or the last homestand of 1990).
              Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 05-07-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                Anyone got any inside information on if they are going to intentionally keep the supply low or are they expected back in stock alter this year?
                You looking for replica or authentic? I'm pretty sure Grandstand can customize for you.

Comment

You looking for replica or authentic? I'm pretty sure Grandstand can customize for you.
                  Edit: Had to redo this post. I honestly forgot about Grandstand. After realizing there were replicas also, I tried to order a blank one but there was no way to customize it on the website. So I called in.

I was informed they cannot customize these jerseys "at this time". Probably because of the unique/old-timey letters/numbers. I didn't ask.

But... the rep (Miguel) assured me the TA jerseys would be back in stock in a few weeks. Then things got even better. He asked me what size I wanted. I told him 2X and he said, "hang on, let me check the office". A few minutes later he comes back and says, "I have ONE in stock." I immediately called in the wife and told her "this is my birthday present, thank you." I prepared to order over the phone but Miguel told me "just refresh the website". I did, did a search for TA and there was the jersey proper size and everything.

It's been ordered. I should have it in a week or so.

Fielder... YOU COMPLETELY RULE! I'm completely biased and this is against all board rules, but what the heck, I make the damned rules. Consider yourself poster of the month!

<--voodoo right now!

Comment

Glad to be of service, and may this be the happiest of birthdays!

Comment

Glad to be of service, and may this be the happiest of birthdays!
                      It will be happier with your help. I'm really psyched. I've wanted one of these since they came out.

Comment

Dang..,,happy for you voodoo, but a 2x TA is what I’ve been asking for since they came out. Why would I ever not think of WSI to solve problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                          Dang..,,happy for you voodoo, but a 2x TA is what I’ve been asking for since they came out. Why would I ever not think of WSI to solve problems.
                          The guy did say they'll be back in stock in a few weeks. Check the Grandstand site and keep checking it. Heck if they'll be back there, then they'll be back everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X