*OFFICIAL* 5/3/22 Foster: Australian for Nails SOX 4 CUBS 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/3/22 Foster: Australian for Nails SOX 4 CUBS 3 Postgamer

Good job by Foster to bail out Bummer - and Pollock.

Any chance we can get good weather in Boston?

Maybe someday our lineup will return the favor and carry our pitching staff.

Forecast calls for 50s this weekend in Boston.

Comment

Foster and Hendriks were amazing. Hopefully, this is the start of an amazing run for the back end of the bullpen.

Comment

Both Foster and Hendricks with money pitches in the same pinpoint location. Nice!
        (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Fly the L flag.
          Bummer has no idea where his slider is going. Foster was ice.

Comment

Foster's command was really sharp tonight.
            Bummer's command was, well, not sharp.

Comment

Another game where the pitching staff leads the way. Giolito still isn't in his top form yet, but he was good enough against this Cubs lineup. The bullpen, other than Bummer, was awesome once again. Fantastic job by Foster to get out of that jam. He's definitely earning La Russa's trust. I don't think he's going to have a "regular" late inning role, but he seems like he can be relied upon to come in to any situation and do his job.

This quote from the series preview in the Athletic a couple days ago made me laugh when I first read it, and after the game I had to go back to it. When asked for a prediction for the series, here's how Fegan responded:

Kopech and Giolito have been great, so the Sox could sweep this and we could talk about everything is great and they’re back on track while they score like, seven runs for the series.
              https://theathletic.com/3290156/2022...eams-and-more/

The offense is still struggling, hopefully that will change soon as they go to warmer weather. But those struggles sure do feel better when the team is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                Another game where the pitching staff leads the way. Giolito still isn't in his top form yet, but he was good enough against this Cubs lineup. The bullpen, other than Bummer, was awesome once again. Fantastic job by Foster to get out of that jam. He's definitely earning La Russa's trust. I don't think he's going to have a "regular" late inning role, but he seems like he can be relied upon to come in to any situation and do his job.

This quote from the series preview in the Athletic a couple days ago made me laugh when I first read it, and after the game I had to go back to it. When asked for a prediction for the series, here's how Fegan responded:

https://theathletic.com/3290156/2022...eams-and-more/

The offense is still struggling, hopefully that will change soon as they go to warmer weather. But those struggles sure do feel better when the team is winning.
                Offense will improve when we start seeing regular results from Grandal and Abreu and we get more starters back.

For now the pitching is helping a lot and the bullpen has been nails for the last several games.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Congratulations to the White Sox for keeping the BP Wintrust Victory Auto Wreckers Cup on the South side where it belongs

Comment

We'd never have heard the end of it at WSI if Nick Madrigal had scored the tying run after going first to third on a single: congrats to Foster for stranding him at third base.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Hoping that a weekend at Fenway (and warmer weather) will be the perfect tonic for the bats. Hendriks has been fantastic recently - a strike throwing, no drama, lockdown closer..

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

On to Boston and a tough schedule ahead, hopefully the team is starting to click on all 8 cylinders and should be better when Moncada returns. We still are missing AV, Eloy and Lynn, maybe one of these days we will have everyone back and at 100%, warmer weather should help too.
                        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-05-2022, 09:46 AM.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                          Foster and Hendriks were amazing. Hopefully, this is the start of an amazing run for the back end of the bullpen.
                          Joe Kelly might be activated Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                            We'd never have heard the end of it at WSI if Nick Madrigal had scored the tying run after going first to third on a single: congrats to Foster for stranding him at third base.
                            Madrigal didn't do that. He hit the single, Wisdom went 1st to 3rd.

Comment

I keep reading about how the Sox are about to start the toughest part of their schedule. Yes, 18 games over the next 17 days (after today) is going to be a challenge. But in terms of the quality of competition? The only above-.500 team they're facing during that stretch is the Yankees. Red Sox, Guardians, Royals, and Cubs make up the rest of the series this month, and none of those teams should scare the Sox.

Comment

Working...
                              X