*OFFICIAL* 4/28/22 Big Contract Players Keep Failing KC 5 SOX 2 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4/28/22 Big Contract Players Keep Failing KC 5 SOX 2 Postgamer

It was more palatable to watch young players fighting for major league jobs during the rebuild, than it is to watch highly paid veterans continue to suck.

This is as infuriating of a Sox team as I can remember. People should be fired for this.

Comment

I recall a couple years ago a Cub fan friend of mine suggested the Sox trade Bummer to the Cubs for a package of prospects. Kinda wish now we had dealt Bummer back then when his value was highest.

Comment

This team is broken. The longer this goes on, the more you can argue that the whole rebuild was for nothing.

Not a good sign when I'm breaking this clip out of the vault:

Comment

We come back to tie it and then implode in the 10th, ****ing losers.
          1-8 against lousy Central Division teams, Angels this weekend, this can turn real ugly.
          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-28-2022, 03:50 PM.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Now hitting .212 as a team. Have drawn fewer walks than anyone else in MLB. Next to last in OBP (only the 3-16 Reds are worse). Our pitchers have walked 84 in 158 innings (only the Reds and Nationals are worse; the Dodgers lead the majors with HALF as many). And despite no errors in the last two games, we're the worst fielding team in the majors (20 errors, where the Reds lead the league with 3).

With those stats, we're honestly lucky to be 7-11.
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Not for the first time, watching the Sox brings "Groundhog Day" up in my memory. As in, we've seen this story before.

They're hard to watch right now. My wife suffered through it, I went on the radio and worked some foreign stations. They don't know anything about baseball. LOL
              Last edited by WSox597; 04-28-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

It is truly disturbing that everyone is slumping, all at once.

Guys that grew up in the White Sox system, guys traded here from elsewhere, guys who signed here as FAs or were traded to us as MLBers, guys who take a lot of pitches, guys who are aggressive, guys who bat from the left, guys who bat from the right, guys with speed, guys with power...all of them, not hitting at the same time.
                "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                -- Thucydides

Comment

Sox held Perez and Merrifield - two Sox killers - to a combined 1 for 25 and still managed to lose two out of three to the Royals at home.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                    Sox held Perez and Merrifield - two Sox killers - to a combined 1 for 25 and still managed to lose two out of three to the Royals at home.
                    That’s the Joy of being a Sox fan. It’s like the Dutch boy and the holes in the dike. Ya plug one or two, but ya start springing leaks on the tulips in 3 or 4 other places. Walks,errors, unearned runs… In my many years of following this team, they’ve shown me more ways on how to lose a game through idiosyncratic manners than to win them. You know, pie in the face baseball.

Should have beaten these punks like a carpet on a clothesline as they came to town with their own set of 0-fer woes, but no,… We fed them goodies like Grandma at the Family Reunion at Lake Zurich.

BK59

Comment

I was in Hunstville last night and watched the Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. the Birmingham Barons. The Barons got spanked 11-1, My perception was that they didn't have a spark, just like our beloved Sox. Is it an organizational problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Mccoydp View Post
                        I was in Hunstville last night and watched the Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. the Birmingham Barons. The Barons got spanked 11-1, My perception was that they didn't have a spark, just like our beloved Sox. Is it an organizational problem?
                        No they are just the current donut hole in the system. Many talented players coming up in WS and Kanny but AA and AAA are lacking in high level talent due to all the promotions in the last couple years.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mccoydp View Post
                          That's what they get for losing the nickname war. Hard to beat a team named Trash Pandas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ouxracmd4xnyuzokxoji.png
Views:	77
Size:	524.8 KB
ID:	61924

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post

That's what they get for losing the nickname war. Hard to beat a team named Trash Pandas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ouxracmd4xnyuzokxoji.png
Views:	77
Size:	524.8 KB
ID:	61924
                            Ya, but those Trash Pandas know how to use those nimble little hands on defense and can put a hell of a spin and drop on the ball when the heave it from the bump. They’re also hellions on the base paths. Never seen one get tagged out in a “pickle” to this day.

BK59

Comment

Another game, another bum. And this one is named Bummer.

Tired of hearing how unlucky he is. He can't locate his sinker and gives up three in the tenth. Of course, the Sox also get the advantage of a ghost runner on second to start the extra inning, and they still can't score. Pathetic.

We've now dropped 9 out of 10. Our offense is punchless. And on defense we can only field a few players that are above average with the glove: Engel, Robert, McGuire, maybe Pollock. The rest of the bunch are average at best, more likely below average fielders.

Anderson? Sure, he can come up with the occasional gem on defense. An inning later he can blow it on a routine play.

Granted, injuries have played a part in this current funk. But I'm tired of excuses. The weather is rough for both teams, but it seems to affect Sox bats every game. I'm waiting for that breakout when they push across 8, 9 or more. Seems like I could be waiting a long time for that to happen.

Joe Maddon and the Angels in town for three starting tonight. Is it possible the Sox can play up to their potential and possibly take two or maybe even all three games in this series?

Comment

Working...
                              X