No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 8/22 Abreu delivers Frater a Happy Birthday SOX 7 CHADS 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8/22 Abreu delivers Frater a Happy Birthday SOX 7 CHADS 4 Postgamer

Ok, Jose, you can keep your full time job.

5 homers in less than a 24 hour span against the Cubs. Bet Jose can't wait to lace them up tomorrow.

Comment

Great game offensively, Renteria really made that interesting with his pen management

Comment

This team... wow...

That was fun. Ninth inning had my blood pumping.

Jose Abreu... I have a huge mancrush on you....

Sometimes leaders gotta lead.

7 in a row.
        6 games over.
        1 game back.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

This team has serious early 2000s power vibes right now. And this version even has solid pitching to support it. We're getting to the point where it would be almost impossible not to make this expanded playoff field.

Comment

Someone changed the owner of Wrigley on Wikipedia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F5846D47-B655-4C5C-B897-CF170AAA9D07.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	707.9 KB
ID:	6183

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
              Great game offensively, Renteria really made that interesting with his pen management
              How so? He did exactly what should have been done. The fact Marshall and Colome struggled a bit notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                This team has serious early 2000s power vibes right now. And this version even has solid pitching to support it. We're getting to the point where it would be almost impossible not to make this expanded playoff field.
                3.5 game lead over the 9th place team currently. Little early to be standings watching but right now they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

How so? He did exactly what should have been done. The fact Marshall and Colome struggled a bit notwithstanding.
                  Gio should not have faced the last batter
                  Colome should not have been in with a 4 run lead

I also don’t like Marshall in the 8th. Just leaves so many pitches in the Zone, he’s lucky Schwarber only singled

Comment

Jose Abreu: diminished skills, bad contract? I think not!

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post

Gio should not have faced the last batter
                      Colome should not have been in with a 4 run lead

I also don’t like Marshall in the 8th. Just leaves so many pitches in the Zone, he’s lucky Schwarber only singled
                      I keep waiting for Marshall to bottom out and he keeps chugging right along. Gio did just fine getting us through 7. Colome was warmed up when the team had a 2-run lead and told he's pitching and honestly he needs the work. He hasn't had many save opportunities recently and with a day off Monday and Thursday he could probably appear in every game through Friday.

Comment

Record in games that Leury Garcia started: 6-9

Record in games without Leury Garcia: 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                          Jose Abreu: diminished skills, bad contract? I think not!
                          Soon as I made that diminished skills post he started going ape. But at the time I made it, that's where he was. Better than ever, Jose!
                          Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Has there been any injury update on Bummer?

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

Soon as I made that diminished skills post he started going ape. But at the time I made it, that's where he was. Better than ever, Jose!
                              Yeah, he had a .701 OPS through his first 21 games. Then he got white-hot for 7 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X