*Official* 4/24 Oh for the Road Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/24 Oh for the Road Postgamer

At what point do we consider the possibility that the team really is this bad? The offense remains putrid, much of the pitching has been disappointing, and the team is not fundamentally sound. If this continues long enough, injuries or no injuries, could we possibly do the unthinkable and start selling off young assets?
    Last edited by thomas35forever; 04-24-2022, 04:10 PM.

We must lead the majors in getting guys thrown out at the plate.

Pitching to Buxton in the tenth to me was a bad coaching decision. His run is meaningless at that point. Once Hendriks threw the wild pitch and first base was open, you put him on and pitch to Arraez. No reason to let him beat you like he did. Take your chances turning the DP to end the game.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      At what point do we consider the possibility that the team really is this bad? The offense remains putrid, much of the pitching has been disappointing, and the team is not fundamentally sound. If this continues long enough, injuries or no injuries, could we possibly do the unthinkable and start selling off young assets?
      We're 15 games into the season and 1.5 out of first with lots of niggling injuries that are starting to end. Way too soon to even consider that option. They aren't going to institute another rebuild.

Yeah this week sucked, but come on...
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

We lost all of those games intentionally the last few years for this . the rebuild was more fun . that being said, i hope that this is all just a horrible memory in a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
          We must lead the majors in getting guys thrown out at the plate.

Pitching to Buxton in the tenth to me was a bad coaching decision. His run is meaningless at that point. Once Hendriks threw the wild pitch and first base was open, you put him on and pitch to Arraez. No reason to let him beat you like he did. Take your chances turning the DP to end the game.
          Yep... Maybe Tony was concerned because Liam was struggling to find the plate, but then you walk Buxton and pull Liam. Someone should have been up in the pen.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I think they should try Graveman in the 9th at least for a while. Hendriks has given up WAY TOO MANY homeruns in his year plus here as closer. It just doesn't work in that position. What a horrible week. Getting blown out and looking like clowns in game 1 on Wednesday was embarrassing but if you salvage the second game the whole week looks different. Instead they inexplicably ran a split squad lineup that game and it snowballed from there. Nothing is working but I guess if you're going to put yourself in a hole at least they are doing it with a lot of season left.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Yep... Maybe Tony was concerned because Liam was struggling to find the plate, but then you walk Buxton and pull Liam. Someone should have been up in the pen.
              Chuck, Ozzie, and Frank all agreed. Chuck flat out pinned the loss on TLR.
              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post

Chuck, Ozzie, and Frank all agreed. Chuck flat out pinned the loss on TLR.
                I’m beginning to think Geoff, from the Craig Ferguson show is managing in the dugout. I keep hearing “balls!”, each time a boner happens at the plate or on the field.

BK59
                Last edited by BigKlu59; 04-24-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Look at the bright side, we've won 3 series and lost 2.
                  Nothing more to say except I'm sick to my stomach.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                    Look at the bright side, we've won 3 series and lost 2.
                    Nothing more to say except I'm sick to my stomach.
                    Here’s couple of Tums for ya oldtimer.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                      We're now 45-43 over our last 88 regular season games (since mid season 2021), 46-46 if we count the playoffs- that is a large enough sample size to be a pretty good indicator of who we are- we're basically a .500 team as we sit in the middle of our rebuild window. I don't see us moving towards any type of real sell off - but it's hard to picture this group with this manager going any where meaningful in the playoffs IF we win the Central.

Meanwhile Rodon, Kimbrel and even Zach Collins are thriving in their new homes.
                      #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

I agree with thomas35forever's assessment, maybe this team isn't as good as we think they should be.

Jimenez is out for 6-8 weeks. IMO he will never play more than 100 games/season in his career because he is, plain and simple, injury prone.

Hendriks gives up way too many long balls for a closer. Plus, he appeared to injure himself when he was out there today. That would be consistent with our "one injury per game" quota.

The Sox should consider hiring a bench coach immediately. His main job would be to keep TLR awake during the game.

A welcome day off for this team to kick back and figure out what's going on. Sox haven't won a game in over a week and struggle daily to put three runs on the board.

Comment

TLR said they pitched to Buxton because Arraez “feasts on fastballs.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                            Say what you will about our manager, but at least he's never dodged questions when things go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                              I would like it better if he would have just said he was going with his intuition and gut. Whatever though, big picture we need to figure out the pen. Maybe now we can stop hearing about Bummer's "bad luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X