*Official* 4/21 Broomed Into Gloom Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/21 Broomed Into Gloom Postgamer

Throw this series into the fire. Bad pitching, bad hitting, bad fielding, just a whole lot of bad. Hopefully, nothing is seriously wrong with Robert.

That series was hard to watch. They did not look good and any aspect of the game. Hopefully, they shake it off and play better in Minnesota.

Comment

I'm fairly worried about this team . i don't know what to think.

Comment

The whole week so far as been a disaster, right the ship in Minny.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
          I know what I think, TLR should go.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
            It was a crap series where nothing went right, but it's too early to be worried. 3 games ago we were all feeling great. None of the position players are playing particularly well, but it's a long season and things will get ironed out.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

I know what I think, TLR should go.
              JR will be pushing up daisies before he allows him to be fired again under his watch.

Comment

Bizarre lineups, starting pitching issues and of course the area that shall not be named are all contributing to this recent slide although even when they were winning it was by the skin of their teeth.

I said, as well as others, that the Sox should still be the favorites in the division but that it wasn't going to be easy and that is proving to be true.

The Giants went into Cleveland and swept them, the Sox went into Cleveland rolled over and died.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  Bizarre lineups, starting pitching issues and of course the area that shall not be named are all contributing to this recent slide although even when they were winning it was by the skin of their teeth.

I said, as well as others, that the Sox should still be the favorites in the division but that it wasn't going to be easy and that is proving to be true.

The Giants went into Cleveland and swept them, the Sox went into Cleveland rolled over and died.
                  Yeah, this was a weird series all around. I wasn't particularly blown away by the Guardians as it just felt like the Sox were their own worst enemy the entire time and they also had some bad luck mixed in there. (squibbers finding holes for Cleveland, line shots by the Sox hitters right at an outfielder, etc) That 2 day layoff seemed to really throw them off their game as execution was lacking in pretty much all facets. The Sox were booting so many balls and running into so many outs on the bases that it was very difficult for Cleveland NOT to win this series.

I still can't quite think along with Tony LaRussa's lineup construction though. He accepted responsibility for the team not being ready in Game 1 but it was really Game 2 and to an extent Game 3 that he should accept responsibility for. I felt Game 1 was on the players. There was literally no reason to put out a split squad lineup in Game 2 after the team rested for a full 2 days and has an off day on Monday. Also, if he was married to the idea of resting his regulars, why not pull them all out of the first game when you fell behind 10-0? That way, they could have played in Game 2 and still would have been fresh. Why is an ice cold utility player Leury Garcia batting in the 3 hole in back to back games? Garcia should never bat 3rd under any circumstances. Andrew Vaughn has also been one of the few offensive standouts early in the season. Why was he on the bench today in favor of a guy who just got called up from Charlotte? This might have been Tony's worst series since the one where he misunderstood the rules and had Liam Hendriks run the bases.

We knew this was going to be a grind in April especially with all the key injuries. Fortunately, they get Pollock back tomorrow. They need to flush this series from their memory and get to work in Minnesota who they hit pretty hard last season. Hopefully, that can get them going. You'd love to see the Sox bounce back with a series win after a clunker like that.

Comment

Lame. On to the next.

Comment

DVS of the Sun-Times on Robert:

"White Sox center fielder Luis Robert was removed from the team’s 6-3 loss to the Guardians Thursday afternoon with a minor right groin strain sustained while running out a ground ball in the eighth inning.

Manager Tony La Russa said it was possible Robert will land on the injured list.

“He’s got a little minor groin strain,” La Russa said. “Might mean some IL time. But [trainer James] Kruk said it’s something that should heal quickly.”

Robert said it was too soon to know how long he might be out."

Comment

DVS of the Sun-Times on Robert:

"White Sox center fielder Luis Robert was removed from the team’s 6-3 loss to the Guardians Thursday afternoon with a minor right groin strain sustained while running out a ground ball in the eighth inning.

Manager Tony La Russa said it was possible Robert will land on the injured list.

“He’s got a little minor groin strain,” La Russa said. “Might mean some IL time. But [trainer James] Kruk said it’s something that should heal quickly.”

Robert said it was too soon to know how long he might be out."
                        I think at this point you just have to expect that Robert, Eloy, and TA are all going to spend some time on the IL throughout the season. Again I'm not saying it's their fault but it happens every year. Is what it is, you just have to hope it doesn't happen all at once or at a crucial time. All things considered I guess that's okay news but it's so frustrating with Pollack getting back that someone goes down. Will we ever have the full team as intended on the field at the same time? Sure doesn't feel like it.

More so than anything this series it brings up the same issues from last year with defense and La Russa. And then there's the offense that seems lost as a collective unit. It's incredibly frustrating for them to have such quick innings and not tax the opposing pitchers at all. Gotta hope it'll turn around but who knows.

Comment

TLR on why Garcia is hitting third:

La Russa batted Leury Garcia third for the second straight game, a move that raised eyebrows considering Garcia’s .077 average going into Thursday. For a team that had averaged two runs over its previous six games, La Russa, citing Garcia’s .385 average (5-for-13) vs. Zach Plesac and his 1-for-3 game with a walk and fly ball to the warning track Wednesday night.

“And when you’re kind of in a funk, sometimes a change of scenery does something,” La Russa said. “It’s not really dramatic, it’s just that one move. But he’s been known to get hot and if can get hot, he does a lot of things for your offense. So we’ll see. I thought he was inspired yesterday. He took really good at-bats, ran the bases.”

Well...that's good to know that the batting order is constructed in part on who looks "inspired."

Comment

We're now 45-39 over the 2nd half of 2021 and start to 2022- maybe we're just not as good as we think we are.

I'm pretty worried about Grandal- not much pop in his bat so far this year.

I'm probably as big a fan of TLR as anyone from 1979 to now- but this obsession of Leury is bizarre.
                            #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

TLR on why Garcia is hitting third:

La Russa batted Leury Garcia third for the second straight game, a move that raised eyebrows considering Garcia’s .077 average going into Thursday. For a team that had averaged two runs over its previous six games, La Russa, citing Garcia’s .385 average (5-for-13) vs. Zach Plesac and his 1-for-3 game with a walk and fly ball to the warning track Wednesday night.

“And when you’re kind of in a funk, sometimes a change of scenery does something,” La Russa said. “It’s not really dramatic, it’s just that one move. But he’s been known to get hot and if can get hot, he does a lot of things for your offense. So we’ll see. I thought he was inspired yesterday. He took really good at-bats, ran the bases.”

Well...that's good to know that the batting order is constructed in part on who looks "inspired."
                              I can justify in my own mind Garcia batting 3rd in game #2 but no way today. I don't even want Garcia playing except as an occasional, fill-in utility guy who bats near the bottom of the order. I feel LaRussa likes Leury way too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X