*Official* 4/20 Bad, Followed by More Bad Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/20 Bad, Followed by More Bad Postgamer

No pitching, then no hitting. A whole lot of no today.

They wore themselves out sightseeing in Cleveland for 2 days. Hope they can salvage a game out of it tomorrow.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      No pitching, then no hitting. A whole lot of no today.
      Don't forget- no fielding.
      #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

No Cacca… they must have eaten some bad Alewife.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
          No Cacca… they must have eaten some bad Alewife.
          Cooked over an open flame on the burning Cuyahoga River.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

Cooked over an open flame on the burning Cuyahoga River.
            Good one Nellie..

Comment

Had been preparing all day for a banquet tonight where I was the M.C. Just got home and saw the carnage.

Don't know what to tell you, the team isn't hitting and wasn't even when they were squeaking out wins, the back end of the rotation is in shambles (Ladies and Gentleman: Dallas Keuchel) and now they are making errors. Just reading the box scores and the post game reports this was about as bad a day as you can have. I was really worried about the pitching match up's in this series and thought it was going to be difficult.

But I didn't expect this, that was embarrassing.

Comment

That lineup for Game 2 was a white flag surrender. Leury batting 3? ***. I just kept waitng for SOMEBODY to get a pinch hit at bat but alas it wasn't meant to be. Also it's really annoying that our bullpen always seems to be doing a tight rope act when we have leads but the opposing pen just mows us down with seemingly no effort. That top of the 8th was like 7 pitches. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                  That lineup for Game 2 was a white flag surrender. Leury batting 3? ***. I just kept waitng for SOMEBODY to get a pinch hit at bat but alas it wasn't meant to be. Also it's really annoying that our bullpen always seems to be doing a tight rope act when we have leads but the opposing pen just mows us down with seemingly no effort. That top of the 8th was like 7 pitches. Pathetic.
                  I was wondering about that second game lineup myself, that was ridiculous.

ESPECIALLY when the team had two days off.

Made absolutely zero sense to me. How much rest do these professional athletes need very, very early in the season. It's not like it is August right?

Maybe Cease can salvage something tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Lipman 1; 04-20-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I was wondering about that second game lineup myself, that was ridiculous.

ESPECIALLY when the team had two days off.

Made absolutely zero sense to me. How much rest do these professional athletes need very, very early in the season. It's not like it is August right?

Maybe Cease can salvage something tomorrow.
                    Not gonna win many games wit a T-ball line up and Tony taking a nap in the dugout.

BK59

Comment

Lambert has been sent down after his performance in game #2. No replacement yet.

TLR took the blame for game #1, said he didn't have the team ready. I was hoping he'd explain his rational for the game #2 lineup but haven't seen anything along those lines.

Eloy's ankle he said is not just swollen, TLR said he also twisted it. Harrison also being evaluated for a shoulder issue after he made what some are calling one of the best catches seen in a long time.

Comment

I don't get that second lineup, at all. You know your offense is cold when announcers gush for five minutes about a professional athlete bounding and jumping a teammate after tracking down a duck snort.
                        Last edited by Krs1; 04-20-2022, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I have to imagine Lambert is being sent down to make room for Giolito’s return. It’s not like Lambert got shelled; he’s not being demoted for performance-related reasons.

In Game 1, the fielders completely crapped the bed in the first two innings. Keuchel repeatedly generated playable ground balls until the grand slam. Had our infielders made plays, Keuchel can pitch around Ramirez, the score doesn’t get out of hand, and Keuchel pitches deeper into the game.

The Game 2 lineup was not just a surrender; hitting Leury third was a giant middle finger to the fans.

A bright spot: Sox relievers pitched a total of 11.1 innings yesterday, and gave up ONE run on two hits and three walks. Of Sox relievers, only Severino - one run, one hit, two walks - was shaky; everyone else was nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                            I have to imagine Lambert is being sent down to make room for Giolito’s return. It’s not like Lambert got shelled; he’s not being demoted for performance-related reasons.
                            The Sox had a 29th man for the double-header, Lambert going down just takes it back to 28. Haseley will stick around until Pollock returns (supposedly tomorrow). Then Severino will go down for Giolito (scheduled to start on Sunday).

Comment

A lot of complaining about the game 2 lineup. I don't really have a problem with the players who started: I mentioned this before, but the Sox are playing 3 games in 26 hours and nobody is going to start all 3. It's pretty awful to start the lineup with Harrison/Haseley/Leury, who are the worst 3 hitters on the team. I think it's La Russa's way of trying to get Harrison and Leury going, because the Sox are going to need them to produce. I can't really explain Haseley batting 2nd though... that's just weird.

Still, if you're blaming La Russa for this loss, your blame is mis-placed. The hitters have to start hitting. It's that simple. Too many piss-poor at bats with a piss-poor approach at the plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X