Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evergreen Park Teacher Is the Ultimate Sox Fan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen Park Teacher Is the Ultimate Sox Fan.

I found this article on the Patch. A really die hard and dedicated Sox fan has a collection for the ages.
    Teacher Has A Photo Of Nearly Every White Sox Player... Ever - Evergreen Park, IL - The collection owned by Jim Pender, a substitute teacher at Evergreen Park Community High School, includes nearly 1,800 players since 1901.

The article above got me thinking, I ran across this message board/website and from what I can garner from it, is the objective is to get a picture of every person whoever played MLB, however briefly it was. There are tons of interesting pics up on this board.

Perhaps one of Mr. Pender’s “missing 6” are on this site?
    Gambo and T_Wil1 Photopack OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Comment

Originally posted by Wsoxmike59 View Post
      The article above got me thinking, I ran across this message board/website and from what I can garner from it, is the objective is to get a picture of every person whoever played MLB, however briefly it was. There are tons of interesting pics up on this board.

Perhaps one of Mr. Pender’s “missing 6” are on this site?
      I just wish I had saved all my Baseball Cards from the 50s. All I have are some of Nellie's.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

I just wish I had saved all my Baseball Cards from the 50s. All I have are some of Nellie's.
        We all wish that. I have no idea what happened to my shoe boxes full.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

We all wish that. I have no idea what happened to my shoe boxes full.
          They’ve all gone to baseball card heaven. I do know I chewed a few up on some bicycle spokes along the way that were duplicates. Damn gum tasted like a month old roll of Necco’s.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

They’ve all gone to baseball card heaven. I do know I chewed a few up on some bicycle spokes along the way that were duplicates. Damn gum tasted like a month old roll of Necco’s.

BK59
            Never chewed the Topps, hard as steel. Though owned by Topps I always bought Bazooka Bubble Gum with the Bazooka Joe comics, always had a wad in my mouth when in Little League at Thillens Stadium or playing Clincher 12" Softball in our sandlot on north Damen Ave.
            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-16-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

BK59
              Never used baseball cards in my bike spokes. The cheap cardboard didn't hold up well enough. I needed the good plastic-coated playing cards for that, after the deck became useless because there was a card damaged or missing.

A lot of my stuff that was left in the attic or bedroom closet when I went into the Army was gone when I got home. My younger brothers swore no knowledge of where it went. I still suspect clandestine sales and trades. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Never chewed the Topps, hard as steel. Though owned by Topps I always bought Bazooka Bubble Gum with the Bazooka Joe comics, always had a wad in my mouth when in Little League at Thillens Stadium or playing Clincher 12" Softball in our sandlot on north Damen Ave.
                Never left the house without a wad in my yap. I helped make the guy who owned the corner store a millionaire, chucking change across the penny candy counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post

Never used baseball cards in my bike spokes. The cheap cardboard didn't hold up well enough. I needed the good plastic-coated playing cards for that, after the deck became useless because there was a card damaged or missing.

A lot of my stuff that was left in the attic or bedroom closet when I went into the Army was gone when I got home. My younger brothers swore no knowledge of where it went. I still suspect clandestine sales and trades. 😉
                  Like youze guys my collection vanished when I enlisted in Uncle Sams Canoe Club. Funny how when we moved out our rooms got Policed down to the last dust bunny, but when Sis moved away her stuff was kept like a museum to return to at any time.

BK59

Comment

Good for him. There's no way I could replicate his feat, in part because there are certain ex-players I never want to have to see or hear about again.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                      Good for him. There's no way I could replicate his feat, in part because there are certain ex-players I never want to have to see or hear about again.
                      I agree including a few with the Sox and a bunch with the Flubs.
                      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-16-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X