*Official* 4/14 One of Those 60 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/14 One of Those 60 Postgamer

Not much to say about this one. Go get 'em tomorrow.

Sucks but with Cleveland off, the Sox will be guaranteed to start tomorrow tied for first.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

They won the series against a good team in my opinion and that's important.

One of the keys this year is to avoid long losing streaks, win at least a game in each series.

And oh yes, they need more pitching particularly in the starting rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
        They won the series against a good team in my opinion and that's important.

One of the keys this year is to avoid long losing streaks, win at least a game in each series.

And oh yes, they need more pitching particularly in the starting rotation.
        Gio expected back in a week or so. 15 days so he's eligible to come off a week from Sunday.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

So far 2 for 2 in series won, that's good. Rays are next, they just lost 3 of 4 to the A's, lets get em while they're down.
          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-14-2022, 05:17 PM.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Gio expected back in a week or so. 15 days so he's eligible to come off a week from Sunday.
            The new IL list is 10 days Voodoo don't know if that impacts your time line.

And...

You never have enough pitching, when you think you do, get more, today as brittle as these guys are you are going to need it.

Comment

With the 3 starters we were running out there this series to take 2 of 3 is impressive. I'm very pleased with that. Missing Eloy, Harrison, and Pollack from the lineup hurts for sure. Not to mention Moncada.

Another good team coming to town tomorrow. Although I think they might have lost again to Oakland so let's kick em while they are down.

Comment

Leury Garcia is not off to a cromulent start to the season. He’s 0-17, and has several errors. I want to see more of Burger at 3B until Moncada returns, and I want to see more of Harrison at 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                  Leury Garcia is not off to a cromulent start to the season. He’s 0-17, and has several errors. I want to see more of Burger at 3B until Moncada returns, and I want to see more of Harrison at 2B.
                  Three errors already and he's looked very shaky in the field.

Comment

Winning a series against a probable playoff contender with Velasquez, Keuchel, and Lambert starting is impressive (not to mention the position players who were out). If they can get these types of performances out of their 5th, 6th, and 7th starters there is no reason to make a trade right now for rotation help.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                      No, certainly a sub-cromulent start.

Leury will eventually iron things out and get back to his usual level of cromulency. He’s always been a streaky player, and this isn’t the first time he’s gotten off to a bad start to the season defensively. But it does underscore what a head-scratcher it was giving him $15M or whatever it was this off-season, when there’s nothing he does that can’t be replicated by Romy or even Mendick. Plus Yolbert Sanchez and Popeye Rodriguez could both be ready for the jump to the majors in the next year or two. But I guess Tony had to have his favorite toy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

No, certainly a sub-cromulent start.

Leury will eventually iron things out and get back to his usual level of cromulency. He’s always been a streaky player, and this isn’t the first time he’s gotten off to a bad start to the season defensively. But it does underscore what a head-scratcher it was giving him $15M or whatever it was this off-season, when there’s nothing he does that can’t be replicated by Romy or even Mendick. Plus Yolbert Sanchez and Popeye Rodriguez could both be ready for the jump to the majors in the next year or two. But I guess Tony had to have his favorite toy.
                        To be fair Leury has lasted 3 different regimes. With Robin and Ricky the lineups were far different so I don't know if it was quite as noticeable.

Comment

The Sox have 3 errors as a team and all 3 were committed by Leury. He is 0-17 to start the season. If he is going to be in the lineup he should never be in the 6 hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                            The Sox have 3 errors as a team and all 3 were committed by Leury. He is 0-17 to start the season. If he is going to be in the lineup he should never be in the 6 hole.
                            Apart from these three errors, the team fielding has been much improved. It’s definitely helped the pitchers prevent runs.

It almost feels like several of the position players were disappointed at the end to last season, and set about during the offseason and lockout to improve their fielding. Eloy showed noticeable improvements after his injury last year and it seems like he’s even more improved now (collision with Robert notwithstanding). Robert and Vaughn are improved. Burger will never be as athletic as Moncada, but he’s clearly been working on his fielding and throwing. And McGuire is definitely better than both Collins and Zavala.

If this team continues fielding well, it will help pitchers keep games manageable and reduce bullpen overuse.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                              To be fair Leury has lasted 3 different regimes. With Robin and Ricky the lineups were far different so I don't know if it was quite as noticeable.
                              A team with Leury as the worst position player is a strong roster. I just wish the worst position player wasn’t playing as much.

Comment

Working...
                              X