Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/13 One Loss, Followed by Four Wins Postgamer

This team is rolling right now.

They were teeing off on Robby Ray right from the start. It was good to see. And Keuchel pitched pretty well, too.

Harrison made some really nice plays at 2B. Engel looked good in RF. Lots of positives.

Comment

Eloy listed as day-to-day. Seems like we avoided the worst case scenario with that...yikes. He smashed his HR though. That was beautiful. Hendriks can stop giving up runs every time he comes in but hard to complain when you win with your 4 and 5!

Comment

So who had Keuchel outdueling Robbie Ray today? This team is really good.

The defense was a sore spot last year, but this far it’s been spectacular. A bunch of highlight plays so far, including Engel and Harrison tonight, and only one error on the season (the Leury botched double play ball).

Yes the injuries to position players are adding up, but nothing is long term, and I can’t remember a Sox team with this much position player depth. Probably because it’s never happened (at least not in my lifetime).

Comment

Robert on pace for 65 HRs and just 130 SBs now

Comment

Keuchel was much better than I expected. The Sox offense and defense were solid. And I was surprised that they completed the game with the terrible weather.

Comment

First time to start a season 4-1 since 2005.
              White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

This team is so deep and so many different players can make the opponent pay. TA and Robert at the top of the order are going to do a TON of damage this year. Vaughn continues to hit and the bullpen is doing just fine.

How about that Dallas Keuchel? Solid start for him. Looked much sharper and in control.

Cleveland won, but everyone else lost or got postponed.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Manager Servais left his Ace in too long so he'd have a chance at the win, but may have cost his team a win instead. Gotta figure out what's more important Scott. Hendriks proved again that he can't get by on his flat fastball and has to use his breaking stuff. He's gonna be all right. Gosh, we're good.
                  Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
                    Manager Servais left his Ace in too long so he'd have a chance at the win, but may have cost his team a win instead. Gotta figure out what's more important Scott. Hendriks proved again that he can't get by on his flat fastball and has to use his breaking stuff. He's gonna be all right. Gosh, we're good.
                    Weird that you’re calling Hendricks’s 4-seamer “flat,” when it’s literally been one of the most effective pitches in baseball the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                      This team is so deep and so many different players can make the opponent pay. TA and Robert at the top of the order are going to do a TON of damage this year. Vaughn continues to hit and the bullpen is doing just fine.

How about that Dallas Keuchel? Solid start for him. Looked much sharper and in control.

Cleveland won, but everyone else lost or got postponed.

This is why I would like the Sox to keep Sheets and Burger even if it means Jake playing at AAA most of this season. While I'd love to have Yoan back soon, it's good to have someone as talented as Jake Burger available to fill in at 3B for several weeks.

Of course, I'd be okay with trading either of them if the price was right. I'm just saying it's not an issue of "where will they play?!" so lets unload them just to unload them.
                      White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post

This is why I would like the Sox to keep Sheets and Burger even if it means Jake playing at AAA most of this season. While I'd love to have Yoan back soon, it's good to have someone as talented as Jake Burger available to fill in at 3B for several weeks.

Of course, I'd be okay with trading either of them if the price was right. I'm just saying it's not an issue of "where will they play?!" so lets unload them just to unload them.
                        No I agree 100%. If last year showed us anything it's great to having ready to go subs at AAA who can fill in at a high level when players need a week or two off for various ouchies that are inevitable throughout the season.

However as you said, if the price is right, so long Jake and even Gavin, IMO. I know that second one isn't popular opinion, but if it lands a key piece down the stretch you have to pull that trigger.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Another great catch by Adam Engel . as long as he and Luis Robert are patrolling the outfield, and the Sox win, i'm happy.

Comment

Miserable rain followed by a cold front yesterday and today high winds warning. Baseball in April in the Midwest is a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Weird that you’re calling Hendricks’s 4-seamer “flat,” when it’s literally been one of the most effective pitches in baseball the past few years.
                              This isn't the past few years though and he is getting rocked. Closers shouldn't be giving up runs every time they come in. If it keeps up we'll be looking for a new one. That said he's gotten the job done 2 out of 3 times so hopefully he can work it out. I know blown saves are part of the game but given his propensity to allow HR's during his time here I get nervous every time the tying/winning run is on base.

Comment

Working...
                              X