Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 4/10/22 Sunday Lineup Blowout; Bullpen Masterclass SOX 10 DET 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4/10/22 Sunday Lineup Blowout; Bullpen Masterclass SOX 10 DET 1 Postgamer

Vaughn with the big blow breaks it open.

Kopech was a bit inefficient early but did what he was supposed to do.

The Sox come home with a 2-1 record and a well-earned off day.

Sox pitchers gave up just two hits today.

Comment

Nice to see a laugher after a tense couple of days. Here's to many more like that.

Comment

Great story of perseverance, Tanner Banks - an inspiration to never give up on one's dreams.
        My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Nice weekend. Handed the Tigers a game, but then spent the rest of the weekend teaching them a lesson.
          Sox may get through the pitching injuries okay, due to the expanded rosters (barring some silly reactionary trade). Make work out with fresher arms in the end.

Comment

Bullpen walked a few guys but gave up zero hits.

Comment

Heck of a win. Nice start from Kopech and the back end of the bullpen nailed it down tight. Getting positive innings from Banks and Foster is a HUGE freaking bonus!

Offense is going to make things easier on the pitching staff regularly. Can't wait to get Moncada back. After that, it's pick your freaking poison. The way Vaughn is hitting (and today as DH) may mean Sheets has time to develop at AAA or even become trade bait at some point, though for now he and Burger offer nice depth and that's just fine.

Blowout getaway day games are lots of fun and KC getting spanked by Cleveland presently so Sox will be tied for first when they touch down in Chicago.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I know it's early but I think we sent the Tigers a message in this series.
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Welcome back Tim . whole lotta offense . really liking Harrison & McGuire so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                    I know it's early but I think we sent the Tigers a message in this series.
                    I would say we sent the rest of the AL a message, but there's a certain series going on in Yankee Stadium that tends to suck all of the oxygen out of the country, even though neither one of them is likely to win the AL East this year

Sox need to continue to send the message over the next two series, because both of those teams are likely going to be in the hunt for playoff spots all year.
                    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Always nice to win a series.

Biggest thing I got out of it was Kopech able to go four and didn't look that rough. Sox are going to need him badly.

On a totally unrelated note, we got some snow this afternoon in Idaho.

"Ah ya' can't beat fun at the old ballpark..."

Comment

I know home runs are important, but I love scoring runs without them. Sox did that a lot this weekend.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 308-259
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                          Vaughn with the big blow breaks it open.

Kopech was a bit inefficient early but did what he was supposed to do.

The Sox come home with a 2-1 record and a well-earned off day.
                          Same as last year for Kopech. Great stuff, but not great enough to throw down the middle and not get hit. Needs to work the corners more and have a wicked third pitch. He's a lot like Cease in that respect, maybe not as good in the long run.
                          Ah, you can't beat fun at the old ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

Same as last year for Kopech. Great stuff, but not great enough to throw down the middle and not get hit. Needs to work the corners more and have a wicked third pitch. He's a lot like Cease in that respect, maybe not as good in the long run.
                            He's still a work in progress given how little he's pitched in the past three years.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

What pitchers are good enough to throw it down the middle and not get hit?
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X