This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox vs. the world Gameday thread #1

Lineup for today is pretty much the same but Sheets is the DH and moved up to 6th.

A. Pollock RF
    L. Robert CF
    J. Abreu 1B
    Y. Grandal C
    E. Jimenez LF
    G. Sheets DH
    L. Garcia SS
    J. Harrison 2B
    J. Burger 3B

D. Cease SP
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Game time temperature is going to be around 40 degrees today.

Comment

I like Sheets hitting behind Eloy; it makes it harder to pitch around Eloy.

I don’t like Leury behind Sheets, though, because it makes it easier to pitch around Sheets.

I realize missing both TA and Moncada is the real problem, but given the current starting position players, I would prefer Burger’s power protecting Sheets, with Harrison and Leury hitting 8-9.

Comment

DVS of the Sun-Times with the latest on Giolito's injury. He's going on the IL (8th Sox player) and TLR hopes he only misses two starts:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...-la-russa-says

Also Pollock leaves the team after Sunday, wife having a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          DVS of the Sun-Times with the latest on Giolito's injury. He's going on the IL (8th Sox player) and TLR hopes he only misses two starts:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...-la-russa-says

Also Pollock leaves the team after Sunday, wife having a baby.
          We need offense and lots of it for a while.

As for Pollock, sucks he'll miss the home opener, but gotta prioritize life.

Comment

Now Pollock is hurt

Comment

And Pollock hurts his hammy.

Comment

At least Vaughn gets to play now?

This is comical.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                  At least Vaughn gets to play now?

This is comical.
                  Cold weather short ST... hopefully it's just a tweak and precautionary.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

He's also an older player with a history of injuries. He's going to be very careful rather than risk a bigger issue. If it tightened up he was wise to take himself out. Hopefully he misses at most a couple games. With Engel and Vaughn, we should be fine.
                    Speaking of Engel is he ready to go? Surprised he wasn't the one to replace Pollack and that he wasn't in the game during the 9th yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

Speaking of Engel is he ready to go? Surprised he wasn't the one to replace Pollack and that he wasn't in the game during the 9th yesterday.
                      Probably they want Vaughn leading off and trust his bat more against RHP than Engel at this time. Plus Vaughn needs AB against RHP. He's going to be a full time starter one of these days.

Triple by Harrison to lead off the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                        I like Sheets hitting behind Eloy; it makes it harder to pitch around Eloy.

I don’t like Leury behind Sheets, though, because it makes it easier to pitch around Sheets.

I realize missing both TA and Moncada is the real problem, but given the current starting position players, I would prefer Burger’s power protecting Sheets, with Harrison and Leury hitting 8-9.
                        I think the idea is to make Burger earn his place in the lineup. Basically to challenge the rookie.

Comment

Don’t care if Burger is a rookie, he’s a bigger threat than Garcia who can’t hit out of a paper bag. He’s also slower. Light hitter plus speed hits 9, this is simple. If he bloops know a single, he doesn’t slow down the lead off man

Comment

That changeup Cease threw 2-0 to Grossman was one of the nastiest pitches you will ever see. Loved the "what the **** was that?!?!?!?" look on Grossman's face after the knuckle curve on the first pitch fell off the table. I assume he was looking for a slider and the slower speed probably caught his attention big time.

Comment

That Grandal drop-bat is a thing of beauty..

Comment

Working...
                              X