X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4/8/22 Not spending enough on the bullpen DET 6 SOX 4 Postgamer

Well that opening day sucked.

Gotta spend more money, it seems.

LOL - Pollock with 3 hits today, does anyone remember the last player with 3 hits in their first game batting for the Sox?

https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1...iJoSqxXLj7akSg

Comment

Well ****. Just 1 of 162. We'll get em tomorrow.

Comment

I thought we got rid of Kimbrel, though.

Comment

Bullpen management was brutal today. That last ball has to be caught. Great D.... Also seen enough Leury for the year already, he is just so bad.

Comment

Same ****, different year.

Comment

That hurts blowing a 3 run lead and our closer failing on the job.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-08-2022, 03:07 PM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Pretty much everything that could go wrong at the end did. What a way to undo all the good from earlier.

Comment

Would liked to have seen Engle in right at the end there, since Pollock is new to that position.

Comment

Went back and watched the ninth. Most of Hendriks's sliders were so far out of the zone even out of his hand that there was no reason to think that they were going to be strikes. He threw four consecutive fastballs to Haase, the last of which was middle of the zone slightly in. Meadows hit an 4-seamer on the inside corner and Baez went with a pitch up in the zone, which given his history of swinging for the fences, you should never put anything in the zone against him, because he'll chase anything looking to hit it out.
                    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Well...we are off and stumbling.

The first thing I thought of was 'at least they are consistent...'

Bummer blew the game on Opening Night last year and Hendriks blew the game (with help from Bummer) on Opening Day this afternoon.

It is what it is. And the final was 5-4 not 6-4, let's not make it any worse than it was.

At least I can get on with the rest of the day now.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                        Would liked to have seen Engle in right at the end there, since Pollock is new to that position.
                        New to right, yes. New to catching a baseball, I hope not

Comment

TLR said in the post game he's "concerned" about Giolitio because knowing the competitor that he is he wouldn't have removed himself from the game unless something was really bothering him.

The Sox injuries are like a vitamin pill, "One-A-Day."

Comment

It's just a shame Hendriks can't get credit for two blown saves in one game. On the bright side, at least we're only paying for one "elite closer" now.

Comment

Drinks are on me boys… Same poop different day scenario in Palehoseland. Nothing like a closer with no plate presence having to end up tossing cookies for BP.

Go gettem tomorrow.. I’m going to the pharmacy. Don’t know what quantity or dosage yet, but me and Dr. Sox will figure that out.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X